Attach A Cake Topper?!?

Decorating By BlondiezBakery Updated 12 Dec 2008 , 11:39pm by BlondiezBakery

BlondiezBakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlondiezBakery Posted 12 Dec 2008 , 5:48am
post #1 of 8

I am finished with a topsy turvey cake...and have made the numbers '3' and '0' for a 30th bday party....out of gum paste.

I have a perfectly smooth top(slanted)...and these random numbers. I have made some curly ribbons to make a bow around them....but am a complete loss.

I normally would have maybe put toothpicks in them..but I can cram a toothpick through a big '0'.

Help me!?!

7 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 12 Dec 2008 , 5:53am
post #2 of 8

I'd put two toothpicks on the "O"....so it doesn't show. I've done it.

BlondiezBakery Posted 12 Dec 2008 , 2:50pm
post #3 of 8

Can I put toothpicks in gum paste after it has dried? They are pretty rock hard.....

Are there any other methods in the event that toothpicks won't work?

sweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakes Posted 12 Dec 2008 , 2:55pm
post #4 of 8

since they are dry already id put the toothpick behind the number and cover with another peice of GP, glue in place and let dry.

BlondiezBakery Posted 12 Dec 2008 , 5:13pm
post #5 of 8

anyone have any advise? I have to have it completed by this evening. Do you think I should shove them down into the cake? perhaps a mound of royal icing???

help me. icon_smile.gif

BlondiezBakery Posted 12 Dec 2008 , 7:30pm
post #6 of 8

Thanks Sweet Cakes!! Sorry I didn't see your reply before my last post. icon_smile.gif

Cool that you are in Denton...the cake is for my friend that lives in Aubrey. icon_smile.gif

Cathy26 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cathy26 Posted 12 Dec 2008 , 9:25pm
post #7 of 8

It seems so simple now - i had this problem too but il go with the toothpick and glue idea - why couldnt i have thought of it - lol

BlondiezBakery Posted 12 Dec 2008 , 11:39pm
post #8 of 8

I went ahead and used some gumpaste to stick on the toothpicks and they worked like a charm. Then I went ahead and melted some choclate and shoved the numbers in there as well. Better safe than sorry. icon_smile.gif

Next time...I will remember to put in the toothpicks before the gumpaste dries out.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%