How Do You Make Your Cupcakes Moist, Not Dry?

Decorating By kelsiedelizzle Updated 12 Dec 2008 , 10:41pm by Cake4ever

kelsiedelizzle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kelsiedelizzle Posted 12 Dec 2008 , 1:06am
post #1 of 7

I made some delicious pineapple chocolate cupcakes over the weekend, but I haven't had time to frost them yet, so I put them in a sealed container on the counter.
When I taste-tested a cupcake today before frosting, they were so dry! The flavor was good, but it's not worth your time to eat a dry cupcake!

Is there anything I can do to save these babies or do I just need to start over? This is the first time I made them, and I kind of just went along with it, doctoring a chocolate cupcake recipe.

If I can't do anything to save this batch, what can I do so that next batch is more dry?

Thanks,
Kelsie

6 replies
cakepanpam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakepanpam Posted 12 Dec 2008 , 1:21am
post #2 of 7

In my experience with cupcakes, I have noticed that they tend to dry a lot faster that a cake, usually within a day or so. I usually bake and decorate my cupcakes the same day because after a couple of days they get dry very fast.

SaraClassic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SaraClassic Posted 12 Dec 2008 , 1:22am
post #3 of 7

Im not the guru of moist cakes but I do a simple syrup and brush it over my cakes / cupcakes to keep them moist and yummy. You can add flavor to your syrup too.
Poke a fw holes in the cc after its out of the oven and brush it on. Makes a shiny top and keeps them moist till you can ice them.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 12 Dec 2008 , 1:23am
post #4 of 7

Um . . this is Thursday. You made them over the weekend, so thery're 4-5 days old.

SaraClassic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SaraClassic Posted 12 Dec 2008 , 1:28am
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by leahs

Um . . this is Thursday. You made them over the weekend, so thery're 4-5 days old.

Yea, I didnt notice you said you made them over the weekend... pretty much hit the deadline after 24 hrs with the "no-frosting simple syrup save". But try it next time! icon_lol.gif

sweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakes Posted 12 Dec 2008 , 2:24am
post #6 of 7

i agree, they're too old now, next time if you dont plan on using them right away freeze them.

Cake4ever Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake4ever Posted 12 Dec 2008 , 10:41pm
post #7 of 7

When I bake my cupcakes, I leave them to cool in the cupcake pan for 10 minutes, then I cover them with plastic wrap while still in the pan, then once cooled, I ice them, then place in a covered container. I have 2 cupcake pans, so it's easier to do it this way... Mine stay super moist and taste even better the next day. That being said, cuppies never last as long as a whole cake. thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%