Typo...but Still Need Help

Decorating By lolobell Updated 21 Dec 2008 , 5:06pm by kandu001

lolobell Posted 12 Dec 2008 , 12:17am
post #1 of 8

I just finished making sugarshacks recipe for buttercream and only used 4 pds of PS not five. it seems fine....should I put it all back in the mixer and add another pd or leave it as is? the consistency seems fine..maybe a touch greasy in the end of a bite but I hate to start over. any suggestions?

7 replies
DsLady614 Posted 12 Dec 2008 , 1:13am
post #2 of 8

I guess it would depend on what consistency you want. Honestly, I tend to believe a recipe is written a certain way for a reason. An entire pound of powdered sugar makes a huge difference in not only consistency and taste.

Juds2323 Posted 12 Dec 2008 , 1:30am
post #3 of 8

It will also make a big difference in crusting too. It won't crust as well.

Judi

FullHouse Posted 12 Dec 2008 , 1:45am
post #4 of 8

Definitely add the sugar, you will regret not fixing it when you had the chance. It will probably only take you 5-10 min., you can just dump the icing into the mixer and add in the powdered sugar, not really starting ALL over again, your icing will be fine after that.

indydebi Posted 12 Dec 2008 , 3:21am
post #5 of 8

Just so I'm understanding .... "pd" means "pound"? (I grew up using "lb" as the abbrev for pound, so just checking).

ShopGrl1128 Posted 12 Dec 2008 , 9:55pm
post #6 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

Just so I'm understanding .... "pd" means "pound"? (I grew up using "lb" as the abbrev for pound, so just checking).

I always wonder why in English we use the Spanish abbreviation of pounds (=libras).
Do you know why IndyDebi?

indydebi Posted 12 Dec 2008 , 11:29pm
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakeGrlPA

Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

I always wonder why in English we use the Spanish abbreviation of pounds (=libras).
Do you know why IndyDebi?

Like many words in the English language, it's from the Latin:
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20070702124315AA6d8Uo

kandu001 Posted 21 Dec 2008 , 5:06pm
post #8 of 8

I never thought of it that way... I always just accepted the abbreviation for pound as lb.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%