Simple Syrup??

Decorating By HipnotiqGlamour Updated 12 Dec 2008 , 5:06am by HipnotiqGlamour

HipnotiqGlamour Posted 12 Dec 2008 , 12:01am
post #1 of 6

Okay I have been hearing alot about this simple syrup I was wondering what is it made of?
When do you use it?

5 replies
smbegg Posted 12 Dec 2008 , 12:24am
post #2 of 6

Sugar and water boiled together. You can add liqure or other flavorings as well. Most people use it when making scratch cakes to keep the moisture in.

kakeladi Posted 12 Dec 2008 , 2:18am
post #3 of 6

If I remember right it should boiold for at least one full minute. Then add any flavoring(s) wanted.
You spray it on cakes to help keep them moist. It also can help seal so what moisture is there won't evaporate.

Chef_Rinny Posted 12 Dec 2008 , 4:57am
post #4 of 6

It's 1 part sugar to 1 part water. Bring it to a boil, add flavoring and let cool. Then you brush it on the cake layers to add moisture and flavor. I love using it, especially to add a subtle flavor to the cake.

PinkZiab Posted 12 Dec 2008 , 5:04am
post #5 of 6

You actually don't need to boil the water, just heat it enough to sufficiently melt the sugar. You can make it in large batches and store it in the fridge and just flavor as much as you need for each cake at the time (some people choose not to flavor it at all, but I like the extra layer of flavor it can give to the cake by changing up the syrup flavor).

HipnotiqGlamour Posted 12 Dec 2008 , 5:06am
post #6 of 6

Wonderful! Thank you all. Like i said I heard people mentioning this in their forums but never knew what they were talking about.

Thank you again CC!! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%