Using Duff's Ri

Decorating By karateka Updated 13 Dec 2008 , 4:01am by karateka

karateka Posted 11 Dec 2008 , 10:18pm
post #1 of 5

I'm making a mountain cake with a train track going up around it. I am using Duff's technique of drying green RI and crushing it to add texture to my mountain and trees.

Any idea how I should "glue" it to the fondant? I can't remember what Duff used.....piping gel?

4 replies
JoAnnB Posted 11 Dec 2008 , 11:46pm
post #2 of 5

Piping gel should work great

kandu001 Posted 11 Dec 2008 , 11:51pm
post #3 of 5

I remember the episode, but I wish I could remember what he used...sorry! If it comes to me I will let you know, otherwise piping gel does sound great!

Kayakado Posted 12 Dec 2008 , 6:57pm
post #4 of 5

He usd that technioque for the Harry Potter cake and the I think the one for the broadway musical but I can't remember its name. It was the one at the same time he did the Paula Deen blue velvet guitar cake

karateka Posted 13 Dec 2008 , 4:01am
post #5 of 5

Well.....I went downstairs to get my piping gel, and it was yellow. Like a gross looking yellow. Which isn't what it looked like when I bought it, which admittedly was a while ago. I couldn't spare the run to the store time so I used corn syrup. It's staying so far, but some of the larger chunks dislodge when you move the cake. Here's a pic, wish me luck. The father of the birthday girl is picking it up tomorrow.

Quote by @%username% on %date%