Why??!??!?

Decorating By sugarwishes Updated 12 Dec 2008 , 7:52pm by Melvira

sugarwishes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarwishes Posted 11 Dec 2008 , 2:32am
post #1 of 24

WHY CAN'T SO MANY PEOPLE TAKE JUST 30 SECS TO PUT A DESCRIPTION ABOUT THERE CAKE?!?!?!?!

You all work SO hard and long on creating these beautiful cakes and as I'm looking at them, there are so many questions I'm curious about. What was it made out of, wonder what flavor is it, how big is it, etc. It doesn't take that long to write at least something, so why do so many people write nothing?

23 replies
FullHouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FullHouse Posted 11 Dec 2008 , 2:43am
post #2 of 24

I always appreciate reading a description as well.

LisaMaeCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaMaeCakes Posted 11 Dec 2008 , 2:44am
post #3 of 24

Amen Sister! It's so disappointing to see a cake w/no description and especially no keywords.

Lisa

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 11 Dec 2008 , 2:49am
post #4 of 24

No descripton = no comment from me. If you don't want to tell me anything about the cake I don't want to tell you what I think of it.

YALANTZI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
YALANTZI Posted 11 Dec 2008 , 2:51am
post #5 of 24

you're right I always wondered the same thing. Maybe it would elimate pm'n the decorator if more info was provided.
the next picture I upload I am goint go give more info.

nickshalfpint Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nickshalfpint Posted 11 Dec 2008 , 2:58am
post #6 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggy2

No descripton = no comment from me. If you don't want to tell me anything about the cake I don't want to tell you what I think of it.

I agree. I don't understand that either. How long does it take to write a few things down about your cake?

In some peoples defense, I noticed older cakes that had descriptions before, now don't. I don't know if it happened in this last update or what.

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 11 Dec 2008 , 3:10am
post #7 of 24

Don't be so hard on us people... I have several cakes with no description because of some of the changes being made here. I would LIKE to have info on there, anyone who knows me knows that normally there are nice descriptions on my stuff. I have no choice in this matter. I certainly hope people are not commenting on my stuff because the crash wiped out my info or something like that. Yipes.

FullHouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FullHouse Posted 11 Dec 2008 , 3:14am
post #8 of 24

I don't get upset when people don't have comments with their pics (didn't consider the crash being an issue with that - good to know), I was just saying that I appreciate it when info is there.

GeorgiaGingerbread Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeorgiaGingerbread Posted 11 Dec 2008 , 3:26am
post #9 of 24

I hesitated to add a description to my newest uploads because:

a) Not all of my pictures are uploading and it's a pain to have to keep re-typing everything.

b) There was a thread a while back complaining about members "annoying" cake descriptions. They didn't like when people put cake flavors, size, etc.

Melvira Posted 11 Dec 2008 , 3:27am
post #10 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCmomof3boys

I don't get upset when people don't have comments with their pics (didn't consider the crash being an issue with that - good to know), I was just saying that I appreciate it when info is there.

I totally agree with you... and I am also bummed because the search terms were wiped out too! I hate searching for a cake and not finding it because of that. What actually happened was that after the database changes, when pictures were reloaded (for example, I was adding watermarks to mine) it erased the descriptions and wouldn't give you a choice to retype the info. I do not believe that issue has been resolved yet, but when it is, I fully intend to retype all of my descriptions. So... I digress... don't hate us yet. icon_lol.gif At least not ME, because my missing descriptions are not my fault technically! icon_wink.gif

KKC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KKC Posted 12 Dec 2008 , 1:25am
post #11 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvnvcowgrl

a) Not all of my pictures are uploading and it's a pain to have to keep re-typing everything.

That is exactly why some of my pics don't have descriptions.

I also think that it is a bit childish to say 'No description, then no comment' icon_confused.gif especially when you don't know the whole reason why there is no description on the pic. I've had to type the same description like 4 times on some cake pics because of the system crashing. Like Mel said don't be too hard on us people who don't have a description on every single pic...its not that serious icon_wink.gif

CakeMommyTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommyTX Posted 12 Dec 2008 , 5:17am
post #12 of 24

So wait some of my description could be gone? I guess I need to check them out.

chutzpah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chutzpah Posted 12 Dec 2008 , 5:20am
post #13 of 24

Geez folks.

GeorgiaGingerbread Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeorgiaGingerbread Posted 12 Dec 2008 , 1:46pm
post #14 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by chutzpah

Geez folks.

Oh...goodie goodie gumdrops! I was just waiting for some type of cynical comment from you. I'm a little disappointed though, I figured it would be a bit more entertaining than this.

adonisthegreek1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adonisthegreek1 Posted 12 Dec 2008 , 2:11pm
post #15 of 24

It's nice if people write a brief description, but if they don't I really don't care. I do at least like to see key words though. If there's no key words it's hard to find some cakes that you may be searching for. I search the galleries for inspiration.

KKC Posted 12 Dec 2008 , 2:11pm
post #16 of 24
Quote:

Quote:

Geez folks.

Oh...goodie goodie gumdrops! I was just waiting for some type of cynical comment from you. I'm a little disappointed though, I figured it would be a bit more entertaining than this.

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

cakes_are_fun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes_are_fun Posted 12 Dec 2008 , 2:25pm
post #17 of 24

There are those who want descriptions and those that don't I have read threads for both.

Personally I don't care what flavor it is, I just want to know how some are decorated.

When I can't figure that out I use that cute little PM button...

CakeInfatuation Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeInfatuation Posted 12 Dec 2008 , 2:26pm
post #18 of 24

I had descriptions and key words with all my photos as they uploaded. Then on occasion someone would take a better picture and I'd upload the better photo. All of a sudden all the typing would be gone. But it wouldn't give me the option to put it back. I either had to delete the photo and start over, or just let it go.

I do agree that keywords are helpful though. If I see a cake sometime and don't save it immediately and then later go searching for it, I may never find it if there aren't any keywords there. Basically unless I scroll through the whole gallery (and who has time for that) it's like searching for a needle in a haystack.

I love coming here and searching for inspiration. This is a great resource and I have to admit that I'm addicted. icon_wink.gif

julzs71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julzs71 Posted 12 Dec 2008 , 2:26pm
post #19 of 24

Not everyone here speaks English or Spanish.
It is also not our right to know how each one is done. I can usually look at most cakes and figure it out. It is nice to know, however it is not necessary.

kelleym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kelleym Posted 12 Dec 2008 , 3:50pm
post #20 of 24

Threads complaining about the way people:

- post descriptions of their cake
- don't post descriptions of their cake
- don't put keywords
- don't put the right keywords
- don't leave comments
- leave comments, but not the right kind of comments

always end in hurt feelings.

KKC Posted 12 Dec 2008 , 4:06pm
post #21 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by julzs71

I can usually look at most cakes and figure it out.

Thats what i was thinking also. But if i can't figure it out I have no problem pm'ing the person. Although I do agree that keywords and descriptions are helpful and appreciated.

I must admit, I'm guilty when it comes to describing what flavor, etc... icon_lol.gif But only on certain cakes like my layer cakes...because I've had a few people pm me about flavors on my layer cakes.
So from now on just to make you cry babies happy (I'm just kidding) icon_razz.gif I WON'T put the flavors in my description anymore..and i'll continue to put keywords and i'll try my best to put an informative description. In the words of my son, 'There are you happy now?' icon_razz.gifthumbs_up.gif

mocakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mocakes Posted 12 Dec 2008 , 6:48pm
post #22 of 24

I started out doing it that way...

but after a while I felt I was being repetitious or even stating the obvious so I figured if someone was curious or impressed with something, they could PM me with their questions.

Okay...the real reason... icon_redface.gificon_redface.gif...I was being lazy! icon_redface.gif

THERE! I said it.....

chutzpah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chutzpah Posted 12 Dec 2008 , 6:51pm
post #23 of 24
Quote:

Quote:

Geez folks.

LOLOL!

Sorry to disappoint you there, ma'am, but I was here for five seconds on my way to work. I didn't have time to write what I REALLY wanted to!

Melvira Posted 12 Dec 2008 , 7:52pm
post #24 of 24
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Geez folks.

LOLOL!

Sorry to disappoint you there, ma'am, but I was here for five seconds on my way to work. I didn't have time to write what I REALLY wanted to!

Yah, I was disappointed too! When you only get an eyeroll from one of us opinionated broads it kind of leaves you feeling unfullfilled. icon_lol.gif Buuuut... we know she was thinking something more, so that gives me a giggle! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%