Where Can I Find Ghirardelli Dipping Chocolate

Decorating By Vicki614 Updated 16 Dec 2008 , 3:01am by Laura102777

Vicki614 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Vicki614 Posted 11 Dec 2008 , 1:37am
post #1 of 10

I live in Middle TN. I've called all he Sam's in my area. They have quit carrying it. If anyone has found it this year, please let me know. My husband drives a truck Mon-Fri. If I can find it in any state he my be going though he's going to get me stocked up.

9 replies
hellie0h Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hellie0h Posted 11 Dec 2008 , 3:03am
post #2 of 10

I bought mine at Sams at the beginning of November, the clerks told me what was on the shelves was all there was going to be. A very short lived seasonal item for certain. You could always go to to their website and order from there, although the 2.5 lb blocks do cost more directly.

Katie-Bug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katie-Bug Posted 12 Dec 2008 , 1:46pm
post #3 of 10

Hey neighbor! Are you talking about the large blocks or sheets?

Sam's in Bowling Green has them. I picked up about 5 last time I was there. I better go get some more! icon_redface.gif

adonisthegreek1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adonisthegreek1 Posted 12 Dec 2008 , 2:01pm
post #4 of 10

The only place that I can find it is at Sam's. They only carry it this time of the year, so when you find it stock up.

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 12 Dec 2008 , 6:57pm
post #5 of 10

The Sam's here in Omaha carries both the double chocolate and the white vanilla flavors. I put them on my Christmas list because my MIL loves to shop there, and I knew I'd like what was under the tree! I stock up each year, and store it in a cool, dry place.

rocketmom1985 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rocketmom1985 Posted 16 Dec 2008 , 1:56am
post #6 of 10

update...was at Sam's in Brownsville, Texas this morning...blocks of both were on the clearance rack! Is it true Sam's no longer will carry this?
Argh!

dlinnane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dlinnane Posted 16 Dec 2008 , 2:08am
post #7 of 10

One year I went back to Sam's for the white chocolate flavor -- too late -- and ended up calling Ghirardelli directly on their 800 line. They told me that it is a seasonal item, so when Sam's sells out, that's it for the year. Now, when they appear, I buy as many as I think I can use!

step0nmi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
step0nmi Posted 16 Dec 2008 , 2:09am
post #8 of 10

i could've sworn I saw them at Michael's the other day. can't remember if it was a block or not though...sorry

Linliv46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Linliv46 Posted 16 Dec 2008 , 2:47am
post #9 of 10

Vicki, if you go to the Sams Club website and look for store locator it will confirm whether that store has it. I was looking at the stores in Birmingham and 2 of the stores had it but the other 2 didn't, and they said they pull from different warehouses. My DD got it at the Hoover Sams (John Hawkins Parkway) close to the Galleria. I am dipping chocs today and it is "out of this world" good! HTH
oh, and the item number for it is ---#612035

Laura102777 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Laura102777 Posted 16 Dec 2008 , 3:01am
post #10 of 10

The Bowling Green, KY store still had several on Saturday. I bought 6, I think, but I'll probably go buy more if I make it back that way befoer they run out.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%