Weird - It's Snowing In Houston Right Now!!

Lounge By Cakepro Updated 18 Dec 2008 , 4:57pm by redhare

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 11 Dec 2008 , 12:41am
post #1 of 20

Haha, well this will be a birthday to remember. icon_biggrin.gif

How bizarre!! Snow in Houston!!

WOOHOO!

19 replies
TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 11 Dec 2008 , 2:28am
post #2 of 20

Happy Birthday! icon_smile.gif

michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 11 Dec 2008 , 2:41am
post #3 of 20

That is weird. And it was almost 70 degrees here in PA today, and it should be freezing.

Happy birthday!

Carolynlovescake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carolynlovescake Posted 11 Dec 2008 , 3:17am
post #4 of 20

We are expecting snow this weekend.

My son has it all planned out... snowman, snowballs, snowballs at the snowman, more snowballs, then inside for cocoa.

Cakepro Posted 11 Dec 2008 , 3:56am
post #5 of 20

Thanks for the birthday wishes! It is so surreal - there is a white blanket of this really cold stuff all over everything. It's so FOREIGN! And tomorrow it's going to be nearly 60 degrees, yet right now bridges in Houston are shut down because of ice. Sheesh! Will the weather please make up its mind? LOL

famousamous Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
famousamous Posted 11 Dec 2008 , 4:13am
post #6 of 20

Haha! I know! 4 yrs ago when it snowed on christmas eve I told the kids to always remember it cause it they will probly never see it again. Well, I guess they showed me! LOL

Oh and its supposed to be in the 70's Sat. !!!

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 11 Dec 2008 , 4:49am
post #7 of 20

Happy Birthday! party.gifbirthday.gif

Did you get a cake or make one???

cakesdivine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesdivine Posted 11 Dec 2008 , 9:51pm
post #8 of 20

Happy B-day! It snowed here in the TX hill country too, and we are south of you! My two oldest kids live in H-town and neither one called to tell me! I called them though to let them know it snowed here! Not a mention that it snowed there, then I get an email with photos from a friend in Kemah where it snowed big time there! Snow on palm trees - What A sight!

hilly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hilly Posted 12 Dec 2008 , 12:18am
post #9 of 20

Freaky weird huh? My daughter waited at the window for over an hour waiting for the snow after we heard it was coming down icon_biggrin.gif .

Bijoudelanuit Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bijoudelanuit Posted 12 Dec 2008 , 12:27am
post #10 of 20

Happy Birthday! I hope you have the best of days!

I saw on the news tonight that it was snowing there... looks just like here in NY! Hopefully yours won't last until April!

moreCakePlz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moreCakePlz Posted 12 Dec 2008 , 1:11am
post #11 of 20

Snowed in New Orleans today too! Freaky weather.

Carolynlovescake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carolynlovescake Posted 12 Dec 2008 , 2:05am
post #12 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by moreCakePlz

Snowed in New Orleans today too! Freaky weather.

I'm not superstitious but I thought I'd point out that the last time it snowed in New Orleans the next hurricane season brought a "good friend" called Katrina. icon_confused.gif

My father in law lives just out side of New Orleans and pointed it out to me today and said "I don't believe in superstitions but I'm going to start stocking up on goods, emergency kits and stuff this spring "just in case".

Our snow it due to hit tomorrow afternoon according to one of the local news stations, the other said it was due to hit on Saturday.

Either way I'm going to do my shopping tomorrow morning while everyone is at work so I don't need to go out at all this weekend.

Cakepro Posted 12 Dec 2008 , 2:13am
post #13 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstitcher

Thank you!

My 17 year old daughter surprised me and made her first scratch cake for my birthday - a carrot cake with cream cheese frosting. It turned out superb! A proud moment for mama, for sure. icon_smile.gif

dldbrou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dldbrou Posted 12 Dec 2008 , 2:25am
post #14 of 20

I got to have a snowball fight with a 2 1/2 year old great nephew. He could not get over the fact that I was throwing a snowball at him. He was loving it and threw some back at me and got me square in the face with one. It was so fun to see him laugh and then realize how cold his hands were. We rushed inside to warm up by the fire and I fixed him hot chocolate and talked about the snow. It was great to see someone experience something new for the first time. I live in Scott, La. two hours west of New Orleans.

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 16 Dec 2008 , 2:32am
post #15 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakepro

Quote:
Originally Posted by xstitcher

Thank you!

My 17 year old daughter surprised me and made her first scratch cake for my birthday - a carrot cake with cream cheese frosting. It turned out superb! A proud moment for mama, for sure. icon_smile.gif

That's my favourite kind of cake icon_smile.gif .

Isn't it great when your kids make you something? I'm happy with the pb&j sandwiches they make me even though they are usually overflowing icon_lol.gif

Monkess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Monkess Posted 16 Dec 2008 , 4:41am
post #16 of 20

Happy Birthday! how thoughtful of your daughter...it is quite the challenge for the family to figure out the cake scen for the decorators bday...i am partial to ice cream cakes so thats what they get for me!! have a lovely year ahead!

redhare Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
redhare Posted 16 Dec 2008 , 7:09pm
post #17 of 20

how lucky are you to get snow .... I'm in Fort Worth, TX like 4 hours north of you and we didn't get any snow how weird is that!

Although today my husband calls me and says that he's getting snow at work (in Dallas) but nothing still here at home..... I HOPE we get some so that my kids can play in it.

Ironbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ironbaker Posted 18 Dec 2008 , 4:00pm
post #18 of 20

You know it's crazy when Las Vegas is getting snow.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 18 Dec 2008 , 4:48pm
post #19 of 20

Wow super crazy.

And Happy Birthday!!

Hey didja make snow cream??? Probably too late by now.
But next time, like in 25 years, google you up a recipe and try some.

Idea, put your ingredients outside for an hour or so to get the same temp as the snow. I think it's just sugar and vanilla. Y'know just make it up.

Enjoy!

redhare Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
redhare Posted 18 Dec 2008 , 4:57pm
post #20 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by k8memphis

Wow super crazy.

And Happy Birthday!!

Hey didja make snow cream??? Probably too late by now.
But next time, like in 25 years, google you up a recipe and try some.

Idea, put your ingredients outside for an hour or so to get the same temp as the snow. I think it's just sugar and vanilla. Y'know just make it up.

Enjoy!

OH I LOVE snow ice cream~ when I was a kid my made it (like the 3x we got snow in my whole life) but it is SO yummy

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%