Custard Filling Help....please!!!!

Baking By nickshalfpint Updated 11 Dec 2008 , 12:57am by nickshalfpint

nickshalfpint Posted 10 Dec 2008 , 10:50pm
post #1 of 6

I need to make a cake for saturday and they want custard with fresh strawberries for the filling. I've never made custard before icon_redface.gif Does anyone out there have a really good recipe, or any suggestions. Thank you so much (in advance) icon_lol.gif

5 replies
nickshalfpint Posted 11 Dec 2008 , 12:07am
post #2 of 6

Pleeeeeeeeeeease someone help me.......... Any suggestions would be appriciated.

Sweetcakes23 Posted 11 Dec 2008 , 12:19am
post #3 of 6

I would suggest going into search and then into the fillings catagory,....there are tons to look at in there!

panprincess Posted 11 Dec 2008 , 12:26am
post #4 of 6

There's an almond custard filling in the recipe section that looks pretty easy. You could substitute vanilla for the almond

ILE Posted 11 Dec 2008 , 12:45am
post #5 of 6

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I USUALLY USE THIS ONE IT DOESN'T TAKE ANY TIME .............1C SUGAR 1/4 C .OF CORNSTARCH 1/4 C.FLOUR. 4 EGGS YOKL 1/8 TSP OF SALT 1TSP VANILLA. 3C. OF MILK.1/2 TSP OF CINNANON .... IN A SOUCE PAN MIX FLOUR,SUGAR,CORNSTARCH,SALT,ADD MILK AND CINNANON ON MED HEAT...STIR UNTIL THICK**BEAT EGG YOLK UNTIL COMBINE.. POUR ABOUT 1/2C. OF HOT MIXTURE INTO EGG MIXTURE STIR CONSTANLY FOR ABOUT 1 MIN.POUR MIX BACK INTO THE REST OF CUSTAR STIR FOR ANOTHER 2MIN POUT INTO BOWL LET COOL. I HOPE YOU UNDERSTAND MY WAY ....ANY QUESTION E-MAIL..

nickshalfpint Posted 11 Dec 2008 , 12:57am
post #6 of 6

Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%