Raspberry Filling With Wasc?

Decorating By mbt4955 Updated 13 Dec 2008 , 3:31pm by rachel-b

mbt4955 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbt4955 Posted 10 Dec 2008 , 7:16pm
post #1 of 13

Does raspberry filling taste okay with WASC cake? I can't decide if the almond will make any difference or not. I made my first WASC for a birthday party (iPod cake) and they loved it, but I would like to use my raspberry filling for a graduation cake this weekend. I usually do a white cake with raspberry extract for this one, but have a WASC already in the freezer.

Thanks!

12 replies
mjballinger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjballinger Posted 10 Dec 2008 , 7:28pm
post #2 of 13

I've done it many times and everyone always loves it!!

JenWhitlock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenWhitlock Posted 10 Dec 2008 , 7:29pm
post #3 of 13

my all time favorite is WVSC (vanilla instead of almond) with raspberry filling. I think that it's my family's all time fav too.
I never really liked almond flavor so I never made the cake that way.
I would think that it would be good too though.

good luck!
happy baking!

cas17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cas17 Posted 10 Dec 2008 , 7:37pm
post #4 of 13

i think it's awesome together!

Donnagardner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Donnagardner Posted 10 Dec 2008 , 7:37pm
post #5 of 13

I have done it and it tasted great.

ThreeDGirlie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ThreeDGirlie Posted 10 Dec 2008 , 7:39pm
post #6 of 13

I've never done it with straight raspberry filling, but I am sure it would be delicious! My current favorite flavor combo is WASC with rasbperry white chocolate mousse. The raspberry and the almond are PERFECT together.

gerripje Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gerripje Posted 10 Dec 2008 , 8:34pm
post #7 of 13

I recently made a WASC and filled it with SMBC flavoured with raspberry extract, and SeriousCake's (absolutely love her recipe) buttercream flavoured with the raspberry. Everyone loved it!

BrendaS104 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BrendaS104 Posted 10 Dec 2008 , 9:51pm
post #8 of 13

I just did WASC with lemon and it was wonderful! My next cake will be the chocolate version with raspberry. Yum

mbt4955 Posted 12 Dec 2008 , 2:09am
post #9 of 13

Thanks everyone. I wasn't getting notifications of responses, so I didn't think anyone answered my question. I couldn't imagine, so I did a search and found all this. I will use the raspberry and I'll bet everyone loves it.

rachel-b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rachel-b Posted 12 Dec 2008 , 2:17am
post #10 of 13

So...anyone want to share the recipes for these YUMMY fillings??? Please, please, please.

bluedragonfly_79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bluedragonfly_79 Posted 12 Dec 2008 , 2:20am
post #11 of 13

one of my favorites is to use alternating seedless raspberry jelly in one layer and lemon pie filling on the next..they go together surprisingly well. nutella is my second fave.

mbt4955 Posted 13 Dec 2008 , 3:05pm
post #12 of 13

Here is my raspberry filling. I found it online somewhere - sorry I can't give credit where it is due. icon_smile.gif

1 12oz bag of frozen raspberries, thawed. (or fruit of your choice)
1/4 c granulated white sugar
3 TB cornstarch mixed withe equals parts COLD water to dissolve.
lemon juice- to taste
2-3 TB raspberry chambord (french liquor- preservative).

Thaw berries, puree them in blender or food processor. Press though a sieve to remove seeds. Place berry puree in a pot on the stove over medium/low heat. Add sugar and dissolved cornstarch. Bring to a simmer, stirring constantly so you will not have lumps. Once it thickens nicely, remove from heat. Allow to cool. Add chambord and chill for a few hours, then fill your cake. Dont forget a thick icing dam!

rachel-b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rachel-b Posted 13 Dec 2008 , 3:31pm
post #13 of 13

Thanks for the recipe mbt!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%