Chocolate Fountain

Decorating By sugaah Updated 11 Mar 2009 , 7:07pm by indydebi

sugaah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugaah Posted 10 Dec 2008 , 2:04pm
post #1 of 5

I purchased Wilton brand fountain about a year ago and am just getting around to using. How long does it take to warm up before I should put in the melted chocolate. How long can it run at a time? Need info ASAP. Thanks

4 replies
TooMuchCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TooMuchCake Posted 10 Dec 2008 , 2:43pm
post #2 of 5

Mine isn't the Wilton one but it isn't a fancy expensive one either. I pre-melt my chocolate in the microwave and put it into the fountain after the fountain has been warming up for a few minutes. I've let it run for around four hours and it's been fine for that long. I haven't needed to run it any longer than that but I think it could run a long time as long as I keep refilling it with melted chocolate as needed.

HTH,
Deanna

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 10 Dec 2008 , 3:07pm
post #3 of 5

I own 5 fountains and use them at weddings all the time. I turn them on, then go into the kitchen to melt the chocolate. You want to be sure the fountain is very very warm to touch. You shouldn't be able to lay your fingers on the metal for more than a second or two.

You can run them for quite a while. I rarely need to run them more than 2-4 hours at weddings, but Deanna is right ... as long as you keep filling it, it will run fine.

For a good flow, be sure the fountains are very level.

Solecito Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Solecito Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 6:59pm
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

I own 5 fountains and use them at weddings all the time. I turn them on, then go into the kitchen to melt the chocolate. You want to be sure the fountain is very very warm to touch. You shouldn't be able to lay your fingers on the metal for more than a second or two.

You can run them for quite a while. I rarely need to run them more than 2-4 hours at weddings, but Deanna is right ... as long as you keep filling it, it will run fine.

For a good flow, be sure the fountains are very level.

Do your fountains have plastic towers? Some body told me she saw the plastic tower melt, and I was wondering. Have you had any problems?

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 7:07pm
post #5 of 5

No, mine are all metal. I think you'd prefer the metal as the metal, when hot, will help keep the chocolate melted and flowing. Can't imagine a plastic one being able to work as well.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%