Dad-Son Combo Birthday Cake -- Help Please!!!

Decorating By rachelsmom01 Updated 11 Dec 2008 , 5:25am by dmich

rachelsmom01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rachelsmom01 Posted 10 Dec 2008 , 1:46pm
post #1 of 6

I am asking all you wonderfully creative cake-makers for some help in coming up with an idea for my husband and step-son's birthday cake. Their birthdays are only two days apart so we always celebrate together. The young guy will be 11 and the big guy, well,... more than that icon_lol.gif . They are both Harley loving, Nascar obsessed, snowmobile-crazy. Any input would be really appreciated. Thanks.

5 replies
kilikina_24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kilikina_24 Posted 10 Dec 2008 , 2:00pm
post #2 of 6

Well, the first thing that popped into my mind is a tiered cake or a moutain like cake. The base having a Nascar track going around, the middle with a Harley cruising in a moutain/woodsey scene and then a snow-topped mountain with a snowmobile. You could use toy cars, motorcycles, snowmobiles. I guess that's kind of a complicated cake but like I said it was what I envisioned when I read your post. I know their are some cakes on here that have similarities to this (mayb just different themes). I hope they both have wonderful birthdays and good luck! (and of course have fun with it!!)

kilikina_24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kilikina_24 Posted 10 Dec 2008 , 2:09pm
post #3 of 6

I'm not very good at describing what I'm thinking so here are some pics. These themes are really nothing like what you're talking about but I hope you can see what I mean by working your theme into these style cakes:

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=94878

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1263151

There may be some better ones out there to go with your theme more but these are just some I had stored in favorites.

rachelsmom01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rachelsmom01 Posted 10 Dec 2008 , 2:48pm
post #4 of 6

Thanks, kilikina! I wish I had your creative mind.

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 10 Dec 2008 , 4:37pm
post #5 of 6

I love that road of life cake that the PP linked to.

In this case, if it was me, I'd probably pick one theme and go with that. Since NASCAR is popular in my area, maybe I'd go that route. That way you could save the other two themes for the years to come. JMO

dmich Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dmich Posted 11 Dec 2008 , 5:25am
post #6 of 6

I agree with jammjenks about sticking to one theme. You could incorporate several things related to that theme into the cake. For example, if you did the Nascar theme, you could do a checkered flag, a pit stop area, etc.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%