Chocolate Covered Oreos!use Choc. Chips Or Choc. Candy Melts

Decorating By cocobean Updated 11 Dec 2008 , 9:29pm by kellymarie

cocobean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocobean Posted 10 Dec 2008 , 4:43am
post #1 of 9

Anyone made chocolate covered Oreos? What kind of chocolate is best to use? icon_confused.gif

8 replies
mbt4955 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbt4955 Posted 10 Dec 2008 , 4:57am
post #2 of 9

I use Ghiradelli bars from Sam's Club. They come in double chocolate and white and both are excellent. They are soft enough to bite into, but dry hard enough to keep the cookies fresh. I'm sure they are a seasonal item, so I have stocked up enough to last me for awhile.

Linliv46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Linliv46 Posted 10 Dec 2008 , 4:59am
post #3 of 9

I have used the choc and vanilla bark, also I am using the Ghiradelie(sp) candy dipping choc. I really like it the best!

dandelion56602 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dandelion56602 Posted 10 Dec 2008 , 5:01am
post #4 of 9

I usually use almond bark

cocobean Posted 10 Dec 2008 , 5:11am
post #5 of 9

Thanks ladies all those kinds of chocolate sound great. My only problem is that I wanted to start working on the Oreos tonight and all I have is Callebaut dark snaps and Ghiradelli smi-sweet choc. chips. Which one would be best???

dandelion56602 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dandelion56602 Posted 10 Dec 2008 , 5:17am
post #6 of 9

I've never used the Callebaut, but I have used Ghiradelli & Nestle chips. They just usually take longer to harden. And you can use paramount crystals or paraffin or crisco in the chocolate to help thin it. The paraffin helps give it a thin crunchy coat.

cocobean Posted 10 Dec 2008 , 8:30am
post #7 of 9

O.k. I decided to use my Callenbaut chocolate. I just made a bunch and it's a very beautiful dark chocolate when melted and if you taste it, it tastes like Oreo, believe it or not. I guess thats a good match. I think I will be using that chocolate again!!! Yum!!! thumbs_up.gif Thanks again for your other suggestions!

mbt4955 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbt4955 Posted 10 Dec 2008 , 1:59pm
post #8 of 9

Where do you get Callenbaut chocolate? I would like to have something that is a little higher quality for some occasions.

kellymarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellymarie Posted 11 Dec 2008 , 9:29pm
post #9 of 9

Callebaut chocolate is fabulous! The son of the Callebauts is actually located in Canada, so they sell it everywhere here and have shops too. Fabulous chocolate!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%