Does Anyone Know How This Cookie Cutter Works ???

Baking By farmom3 Updated 10 Dec 2008 , 6:18pm by AKA_cupcakeshoppe

farmom3 Posted 10 Dec 2008 , 3:29am
post #1 of 15

Hi, I just bougth this cookie cuter but before i use it ,I want to know anyone has any tip ??? maybe cooke duogh stick to them ??? I am very new to cookie stuff .
thanks
LL

14 replies
LKing12 Posted 10 Dec 2008 , 3:38am
post #2 of 15

I had one of these and it was a royal pain. You could try dredging it in flour before cutting the images. Mine always made one okay and the others stuck or fell out before I wanted them to.
Let us know what works best. I still have mine.

DMCG Posted 10 Dec 2008 , 3:46am
post #3 of 15

What if you roll the dough over the cutter?
Just a thought icon_wink.gif
Danielle

BakingGirl Posted 10 Dec 2008 , 3:51am
post #4 of 15

I would mist the cutter with a bit of Pam (non-stick spray) before attempting to cut with it, just to help the dough to release from the cutter.

Callyssa Posted 10 Dec 2008 , 4:01am
post #5 of 15

I hate cookie cutters like those. When they work right they work great, but you have to be really careful to get your dough rolled to the perfect thickness and it has to be the perfect consistency so it can be rolled without cracking but not so soft that it sticks in the cutter. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I'd so much rather cut four separate cookies than stress out working with one like that.

Oh, another thing is if your cookie dough spreads at all you will lose the image the cutter makes; you have to use a non spreading dough otherwise all you'll get are outlines anyway once they're baked. HTH!

nesweetcake Posted 10 Dec 2008 , 4:02am
post #6 of 15

Not sure what cutter you are talking about, but if it is one with inprints of the design like faces etc. roll out your cookie dough. Then put a piece of plastic wrap over the dough, push in your cutter and slightly wiggle to cut the dough, this will not cut the plastic and will leave an impression in the dough. Just make sure to roll the dough on parchment the size of your baking sheet and use a small paring knife to remove the excess between cookies. You can even use the plastic wrap on top of your cookie dough when rolling as well and no sticky mess on your rolling pin. LOL. icon_biggrin.gif

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 10 Dec 2008 , 7:39am
post #7 of 15

I bought similar cookie cutters and they stuck so much icon_sad.gif I'm gonna try the plastic wrap trick, since when I was trying to sleep, I thought of it but decided it probably won't work. so thanks nesweetcake for suggesting it. I have left over dough so I can try it.

Should the dough be rolled thin? I found the thicker the dough, the harder it was to remove the cutter. icon_sad.gif

Peeverly Posted 10 Dec 2008 , 11:45am
post #8 of 15

Did you get this cutter at Target? I got the Halloween one and honestly it didn't work well. In fact I gave up on it and decided not to buy the xmas one when I saw it. But.... now I will try the advice you all gave cupcakeshoppe. Thanks for posting this question!

farmom3 Posted 10 Dec 2008 , 2:45pm
post #9 of 15

thank you very much ,I will try it hope it's work
have a nice day
farnaz

SILVERCAT Posted 10 Dec 2008 , 3:17pm
post #10 of 15

I am going to agree with the misting of the pam on it! It will work better that way for you. I am going to guess on this but don't be surprised if you loose the details in the baking process!

farmom3 Posted 10 Dec 2008 , 5:43pm
post #11 of 15

I think making NFSC ,any other recipe better???? i DON'T want to loose the details.
thanks

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 10 Dec 2008 , 5:54pm
post #12 of 15

I used the recipe by Penny (?) I think. And the ones that survived (came out well LOL) baked up pretty nicely, with all the details. But it was too puffy for me so I'm gonna look for another recipe.

TracyLH Posted 10 Dec 2008 , 6:02pm
post #13 of 15

A trick I did my old ceramic cookie molds might (might) work. I would take some dough, push it in by hand, remove and them sprinkle with flour and tap it out. Then try it. Might be a bit of pain with this design though, but I thought I would pass the idea on, just in case.

smbegg Posted 10 Dec 2008 , 6:09pm
post #14 of 15

Also, make sure that your dough is nice and cold! That will help. NFSC is the way to go with that type of cutter. Make sure that you get a good thickness, but not as thick as you would a regular cutter.

Stephanie

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 10 Dec 2008 , 6:18pm
post #15 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyLH

A trick I did my old ceramic cookie molds might (might) work. I would take some dough, push it in by hand, remove and them sprinkle with flour and tap it out. Then try it. Might be a bit of pain with this design though, but I thought I would pass the idea on, just in case.

Tracy... I didn't quite get it. First you put the dough into the cutter, then take it out then sprinkle with flour and then tap it out? I'm confuzzled. Sorry it's almost 2.30 AM and I should be sleeping...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%