Cake Mix Or Scratch??

Decorating By cakedecr8r Updated 12 Dec 2008 , 4:48am by jammjenks

cakedecr8r Posted 10 Dec 2008 , 2:59am
post #1 of 5

Do you guys use boxed cake mix or cake from scratch? If its from scratch and you dont mind sharing, whats your best tried and true recipe for with the white cake, yellow cake or chocolate cake????

4 replies
MacsMom Posted 10 Dec 2008 , 3:07am
post #2 of 5

I use the WASC recipe for everything!! It's perfect, IMO. I just vary the cake mix flavors and extracts, and use flavored coffee creamers in place of half of the water. I also add a box of pudding mix.

kakeladi Posted 11 Dec 2008 , 3:55am
post #3 of 5

You will get tons of different answers on this ?. People who scratch bake swear they have the best cakes around and those of us who are mmix users say we have the besticon_smile.gif
Of course I use my *original* WASC recipe for 95% of my baking.
I have only found one scratch recipe that I liked and it was for high elevations (I was living at 8500 ft at the time).

dmich Posted 11 Dec 2008 , 11:25pm
post #4 of 5

So far I have done all scratch baking, but I am dying to try the WASC recipe. I think I'll do so this weekend. For a chocolate cake, I really love the recipe from the Confetti Cakes cookbook.

jammjenks Posted 12 Dec 2008 , 4:48am
post #5 of 5

I use mixes, doctored mixs, and scratch recipes depending on what I need. I don't like to limit myself to just one type.

Quote by @%username% on %date%