Don't You Hate It When.....

Decorating By BlondiezBakery Updated 10 Dec 2008 , 2:14pm by DaCakeDiva

BlondiezBakery Posted 9 Dec 2008 , 8:13pm
post #1 of 10

You bake three cakes at one time, just to realize that you forgot to put cooking spray in all of them!

Just had to vent! Argh.

Now I have to run to the store and buy new cake stuff... icon_sad.gif

Thank God someone discovered cake balls...or I would be even more furious right now.

9 replies
stephaniescakenj Posted 9 Dec 2008 , 11:11pm
post #2 of 10

Oh No!!! I forgot to add vanilla once to a double batch of chocolate cake, I was peeved!

Lorendabug Posted 9 Dec 2008 , 11:18pm
post #3 of 10

I forgot to prepare my pans once and got really lucky, everything came out ok! I stressed so much on those cakes, I don't think I will forget again soon.

mygirlsmne Posted 9 Dec 2008 , 11:20pm
post #4 of 10

Or when your 12 month old walks over and takes a chunk out of a 2 tiered fondant covered cake due in 2 hours.....don't ask! UUGGGHHH, I could have died in that moment. The chunk was about a 3rd of the cake too!!!! no way to fix that. icon_sad.gif

all4cake Posted 9 Dec 2008 , 11:39pm
post #5 of 10

There ought to be a 'slim jim' for times like that....just slide it in, wiggle it around to all the right spots and 'click' your cake is unlocked.

dmich Posted 9 Dec 2008 , 11:41pm
post #6 of 10

Yeah, I've left the vanilla out more than once. You'd think I would have learned after the first time!

BlondiezBakery Posted 10 Dec 2008 , 1:05am
post #7 of 10

So frustrating... I was two eggs short of a new batch, and didn't realize it until my DH walked in the door from the grocery store...argh! Not to mention, that this is the first freezing day here in Dallas.

Needless to say I didn't want to head back out to the store.....so thank God for neighbors.

Counting my blessings
1. The invention of cake balls
2. Friendly neighbors

I hope everyone else was able to make it out of their situation unscathed. Mygirlsmne...what did you do?!?

Magic79 Posted 10 Dec 2008 , 8:27am
post #8 of 10

Using a recipe from a grandmother and she leaves out certain ingredients.....Like Flour icon_cry.gif

cakesdivine Posted 10 Dec 2008 , 1:55pm
post #9 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mygirlsmne

Or when your 12 month old walks over and takes a chunk out of a 2 tiered fondant covered cake due in 2 hours.....don't ask! UUGGGHHH, I could have died in that moment. The chunk was about a 3rd of the cake too!!!! no way to fix that. icon_sad.gif

Yeah, I posted something similar to that last week, it happened to me 15 years ago...still get nervous when my son enters the kitchen when I am decorating icon_lol.gif

DaCakeDiva Posted 10 Dec 2008 , 2:14pm
post #10 of 10

I left the water out of my red velvet cake batter. i thought the batter was a little thick but i went ahead. then my 24 yo dd said "mommy (she still calls me that icon_lol.gif ) do you need this?" But the batter was already in the pans. Guess what it turned out great.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%