Cake Magazines

Decorating By dmich Updated 9 Dec 2008 , 7:50pm by kakeladi

dmich Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dmich Posted 9 Dec 2008 , 6:28pm
post #1 of 4

I would like to get a subscription to a cake decorating magazine, but don't know which one is best? What do all of you read?

3 replies
ibmoser Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ibmoser Posted 9 Dec 2008 , 7:35pm
post #2 of 4

Are you in the USA? I really enjoy American Cake Decorating. Mailbox News is another US publication that is good - has pics of great work by recognized and "regular" artists. There are some wonderful (and wonderfully expensive lol) UK publications with US distributors that I pick up when I can find them, but I don't subscribe to them.

tootie0809 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tootie0809 Posted 9 Dec 2008 , 7:41pm
post #3 of 4

I subscribe to American Cake Decorating magazine. I won't be renewing my subscription. Kinda disappointed in the tutorials and cake photos in that magazine. I prefer to pick up a UK magazine from the book store that carries them. Yes, they are pricey, but the pics of cakes and amount of inspiration I get from them makes them worth the price. I wish there was a better American cake magazine to subscribe to. I'm kind of amazed that there's not.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 9 Dec 2008 , 7:50pm
post #4 of 4

Unless there is something new on the market I haven't heard about ACD and MBN are the only 2 besides the 2 (I think) from UK. Oh yah, there is one that I think only comes out 4 times a yr by the owner of ....... uuuuugggggggg can't think of the name of it. It's a supply place I think internet - maybe has a walk-in place too - in the L.A. area. Kerry Vincent is one of their biggest contributers.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%