Need To Jazz Up A Cheesecake

Baking By tex8798 Updated 9 Dec 2008 , 11:15pm by dawndelicious

tex8798 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tex8798 Posted 9 Dec 2008 , 3:37pm
post #1 of 6

We make cheesecake which we all love however we make it plain all the time. I have been trying new things and have a tried a coconut macaroon one which was really good but that is about it. I want to jazz up my recipe and make it even better any tips or recipes you have tried are welcome as it is our dessert for our Christmas Dinner.

5 replies
Getus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Getus Posted 9 Dec 2008 , 3:57pm
post #2 of 6

I like to make cheescake and add mini choc chips to the batter.
Then, I like to drizzle a bit of caramel topping on the top. Then add finely chopped pecans or walnuts on top of the caramel. Oh...and I use choc graham crackers for the crust rather than regular graham cracker crust.
When done, it's like a turtle cheesecake. Can also put some whip cream on each piece as it's served. Yum.

My daughter's birthday is next week. She has requested that I make a cheesecake for her cake. She has ordered:
Choc graham cracker crust.
Regular cheesecake center.
Chocolate ganache flavored with peppermint poured over the cheesecake.
BC snowflakes to decorate the top of the ganache. Her wish is my command...lol.

BrendaS104 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BrendaS104 Posted 9 Dec 2008 , 4:03pm
post #3 of 6

Getus, that sounds great.. make me one too! LOL

tex8798 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tex8798 Posted 9 Dec 2008 , 10:59pm
post #4 of 6

yum that sounds good

Malakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Malakin Posted 9 Dec 2008 , 11:05pm
post #5 of 6

I luv cheesecake. One I make I use almonds, pecans, and walnuts for the crust. The other I use chocolate oreo cookies crushed. Then with the chocolate crust I make my cheesecake, mix in raspberries gently. Then I melt white chocolate after cooled and drizzle it on top. White chocolate raspberry cheesecake. Sometime I will also gently melt raspberry jam and spread some on top before chocolate.

dawndelicious Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dawndelicious Posted 9 Dec 2008 , 11:15pm
post #6 of 6

I took this to a pot luck last night and everyone in the room asked me for the recipe. It is delicious!

Sopapilla Cheesecake Dessert:

2 cans cresent roll dough
3 eight ounce pkgs cream cheese
1 and 1/2 cups white sugar
1 and 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract

Roll out cresent dough into 13" x 9" pan. Combine cheese, sugar, vanilla and blend until smooth. Spread cheese mixture on top of dough, then unroll the other can of dough on top of the cheese.

Next, melt 1/2 cup butter and drizzle over the top of dough. Combine 1/2 cup white sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon in bowl and then sprinkle on top. Last, if you want to use sliced almonds on top, sprinkle 1/2 cup on top. Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 45 minutes or until dough is puffy and golden. Cool completely and then cut into squares.

I also have recipes for Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake, and Oreo Cheesecake (tastes like cookies 'n' cream icecream). PM me if you would like the recipes. They are all DELICIOUS!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%