Desserts Using Classic Coconut Milk From A Can

Baking By tex8798 Updated 10 Dec 2008 , 8:54pm by GI

tex8798 Posted 9 Dec 2008 , 3:33pm
post #1 of 2

I bought a can of Roland classic coconut milk in hopes to make a dessert with it. However I can't seem to find one anywhere. Have any of you tried to make something with this kind of coconut milk?

1 reply
GI Posted 10 Dec 2008 , 8:54pm
post #2 of 2

Roland classic is Kosher. Any Kosher dessert recipe could probably be used if it calls for canned coconut milk. Below is a coconut cake recipe. I have not tried it yet. However, I do look more for cakes with buttermilk so I do think this cake will be nice and moist. (I would also add 1/2 teasp of coconut extract or 1/4 teasp of Coconut Lorann oil...but that's just me.)
I do not know if it is Kosher since I don't know what the Jewish Law is regarding Kosher food.

HTH! icon_smile.gif

Coconut Layer Cake
2 3/4 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 3/4 cups sugar
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
1 cup canned sweetened cream of coconut
4 large eggs, separated
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup buttermilk

Preheat oven to 325°F. Prepare pans. (8" or 9" works well; higher cake with 8"). Whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda and 1/2 teaspoon salt in medium bowl to blend. Using electric mixer, beat sugar, butter and sweetened cream of coconut in large bowl until fluffy. Beat in egg yolks and vanilla extract. On low speed, beat in dry ingredients and then buttermilk, each just until blended.

Using clean dry beaters, beat egg whites with pinch of salt in another large bowl until stiff but not dry. Fold beaten egg whites into batter.

Divide cake batter between prepared pans. Bake cakes until tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 45 minutes.

Quote by @%username% on %date%