Fish Tank

Decorating By ski Updated 11 Dec 2008 , 4:34am by SweetResults

ski Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ski Posted 9 Dec 2008 , 5:01am
post #1 of 6

Ok my brillant friends of CC I am stumped. I am making a fish tank but, I only am doing the top as cake the major tank is just going to be covered to look like a cake, I have considered styrofoam but I need it to be sturdy enough to support a filled half sheet. Oh dear goddess' and gods o'cakin what wisdom do you have for me please. Ever so grateful for any and all imput! icon_biggrin.gif

5 replies
mamacc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamacc Posted 9 Dec 2008 , 6:31pm
post #2 of 6

Why not just do the whole thing in cake?? Here's an picture I have saved to my faves of an awesome fish tank cake: http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=926693

mommyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommyle Posted 9 Dec 2008 , 6:44pm
post #3 of 6

I love that fish tank! It's already in my faves. I want to make it for our little friend who LOVES fish!
The other fish bowl you could do is using rounds, stacked, carved and decorated like the above tank!

mamacc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamacc Posted 9 Dec 2008 , 7:09pm
post #4 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyle

I love that fish tank! It's already in my faves. I want to make it for our little friend who LOVES fish!
The other fish bowl you could do is using rounds, stacked, carved and decorated like the above tank!

I know!!...me too! I'm hoping I'll get to do one someday. icon_biggrin.gif

ski Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ski Posted 10 Dec 2008 , 3:49am
post #5 of 6

Yes I love that cake too unfortunately it is only for 35 people. I think I might go with the styrofoam, and found these cool 90 degree corner pieces , to help stabilize it. Then put the cake on top and assemble at location. I love a challenge but this guy owns a fish store so I have to be very accurate with my 3D,2D stuff. Thanks for your responses !! thumbs_up.gif

SweetResults Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetResults Posted 11 Dec 2008 , 4:34am
post #6 of 6

Why can't you just have the bottom styro layer and place the filled half sheet on top of it and frost and decorate as if it is one big cake? It can certainly support the cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%