Bulk Supplies?

Business By BlondiezBakery Updated 10 Dec 2008 , 8:53am by Denise

BlondiezBakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlondiezBakery Posted 9 Dec 2008 , 4:38am
post #1 of 11

sorry for being repetitive (as I am sure that I am), however I couldn't find my answers from my search's.

Where does everyone buy the following supplies in bulk from:

- wooden dowels
- foam board
- cake circles

Thanks!!
Leigh

10 replies
littlecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlecake Posted 9 Dec 2008 , 5:48am
post #2 of 11

have you tried decopac?

they ship for free with orders over 70 bucks.

BlondiezBakery Posted 9 Dec 2008 , 5:50am
post #3 of 11

No, I haven't...thanks for the suggestion.

This is still just a hobby for me, and I am noticing how expensive my trips to Michaels and the cake store are becoming.

Thank you!

littlecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlecake Posted 9 Dec 2008 , 6:59pm
post #4 of 11

i think you can give them just a SS# to set up an account....they have lotsa stuff, have fun!

FullHouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FullHouse Posted 9 Dec 2008 , 7:14pm
post #5 of 11

If you have an EIN you can order from CK Products, their products are wholesale - WAY cheaper. They have all sorts of decorating tools, flavoring, icing, etc, as well as boards & boxes. If you're not into buying 50-100 boxes at a time, you might try checking to see if you have a local paper supply store. i have one about 40min. away, but the boxes are around .50 each and boards are .30, so I go out there a buy a bunch every month or so until I have a high enough volume to make a package of 100 worth it.

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 9 Dec 2008 , 7:53pm
post #6 of 11

I get a lot of things from cakedeco.com

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 9 Dec 2008 , 8:05pm
post #7 of 11

I have no use for dowels, so I never buy those. Don't use foam board either. I buy cake circles from either BakeryCrafts or CK. I buy SPS supplies from those copmanies as well. Ditto cake drums.

cupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcake Posted 9 Dec 2008 , 8:53pm
post #8 of 11

Cake Carousel- Plano Richardson area, they have a ton of stuff. They do have a website.

Merchant Bakery Supply- You must be in business though for them. they are in Dallas

BlondiezBakery Posted 10 Dec 2008 , 1:09am
post #9 of 11

hey Cupcake...are you from Dallas!?! I LOVE Cake Carousel. However, I am thinking they will get expensive the more that I continue to buy. I am all about a bulk deal. icon_smile.gif

Thanks for the suggestions. I am certainly saving this post for later. icon_smile.gif

Laura102777 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Laura102777 Posted 10 Dec 2008 , 1:39am
post #10 of 11

I like www.bgpaper.com for the items that they have. They don't have all the things you asked about though. It's not really bulk, but that's part of what I like about it. I can order as many or as few of something as I like, and the prices tend to be way better than in Michaels, Hobby Lobby, etc.

Denise Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Denise Posted 10 Dec 2008 , 8:53am
post #11 of 11

I buy the 1/2" foamcore board from ArtSupply dot com when it is on sale. I believe I got the last batch for about $3.65 a sheet DELIVERED to my door. At Hobby Lobby it is generally $4.99 and most of the time they don't even have it and Michaels is $5.99 and generally in stock!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%