Fondant Basketweave - Need Help

Decorating By dogluvr Updated 10 Dec 2008 , 2:16am by dogluvr

dogluvr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dogluvr Posted 9 Dec 2008 , 1:57am
post #1 of 6

I've been asked to do a basket with balls of yarn and knitting needles. I found this one on www.cakejournal.com and think its adorable. I've done searches on basketweave impression mats but am not finding anything that looks like this...does anyone know how to get this look for the basket as far as the impression... I hope I post this link correctly....thank you
LL

5 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 9 Dec 2008 , 2:29am
post #2 of 6

I'm far from an expert on fondant but I think the o nly way to get basketweave w/fondant is w/a rolling pin/impression mat.

PinkZiab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkZiab Posted 9 Dec 2008 , 2:46am
post #3 of 6

Or you could actually weave strips of fondant (or better a 50/50 mix, or at the very least, fondant with CMC/Tylose). Check out the garden cakes on www.wildflowersbylori.com. Her work is PHENOMENAL, and there are some great examples of woven fondant baskets on there.

dogluvr Posted 9 Dec 2008 , 2:46am
post #4 of 6

thats what I am looking for ...an impression mat or rolling pin....but am not able to find this desiign...

Frankyola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Frankyola Posted 9 Dec 2008 , 4:29am
post #5 of 6

I got a set of 5 and it comes with it, on ebay for about $9.00 thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif they are impression mats

dogluvr Posted 10 Dec 2008 , 2:16am
post #6 of 6

Thanks Frakyola....I just ordered a set on ebay....its not exactly like the picture, but I think it will do...thats a great deal 5 for $9.99

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%