Icing Cookies

Baking By mom2x Updated 9 Dec 2008 , 5:00pm by mom2x

mom2x Posted 8 Dec 2008 , 8:28pm
post #1 of 7

Hi there,

I have my first order that I have to make for Thursday morning. How soon before can I ice the cookies? I want to make sure that I have enough time in between just in case some of the cookies don't turn out.

Thanks.

Karen

6 replies
SILVERCAT Posted 8 Dec 2008 , 10:30pm
post #2 of 7

Start baking and decorate when they are cool enough! Good Luck

My_Edible_Art Posted 8 Dec 2008 , 10:48pm
post #3 of 7

Hi Karen!
Congratulations for your first order!
I'm also just started with my first orders!
That's how I do.
one day just for bake and cool
next day royal icing work and third day for packing
RI takes a while to get really hard (for packing)
I getting few tips for cookie ladies around here! they are really kind and helpful! I f you need anything I can try to help!
Thanks
Mila

mom2x Posted 8 Dec 2008 , 11:54pm
post #4 of 7

So its totally ok to ice them tonight and tomorrow morning for Thursday? I just want to make sure cause I'm worried they will go bad.

Thanks.

Karen

GeminiRJ Posted 9 Dec 2008 , 12:51pm
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2x

So its totally ok to ice them tonight and tomorrow morning for Thursday? I just want to make sure cause I'm worried they will go bad.

Thanks.

Karen

They have a pretty good shelf life! Most people won't be able to tell the difference in freshness after a week. Do a taste test of your own when you have time. Set aside some cookies and store them how you would for an order. Eat one after a couple days, a couple days more, etc. This will tell you exactly the staying power of your particular recipe.

carolbby Posted 9 Dec 2008 , 4:11pm
post #6 of 7

I find it best to cook and cool cookies, then decorate the next day. I get little dark spots in my icing when I decorate my cookies the same day I cook them, even if they are completely cooled.

mom2x Posted 9 Dec 2008 , 5:00pm
post #7 of 7

Thank you so much for all your responses. I'm going to start icing today!

Karen

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%