Cake Floating On Real Roses- How Do I Do This???

Decorating By pasquerto Updated 10 Dec 2008 , 6:24pm by arosstx

pasquerto Posted 8 Dec 2008 , 8:11pm
post #1 of 10

Hello all,
My bride wants a three teir square cake 6-8-10 with the illusion that the bottom layer is floating on real roses. So this is not in between the layers its as if the whole cake was floating. I am pretty much in the dark as of how to do this! I have never done one before. Could someone please help me? Thanks!

9 replies
__Jamie__ Posted 8 Dec 2008 , 8:19pm
post #2 of 10

You probably need to use clear supports, somehow chop them down so they are only a couple of inches tall for the very bottom tier. Lay your "bed of roses" out, and then assemble the cake "on top" of it. Get it? Sounds the easiest way to me.

rvercher23 Posted 8 Dec 2008 , 8:20pm
post #3 of 10

I would think that you can set the cake on a styrofoam dummy that is smaller than the bottom cake layer and then put the roses under it. That is what I would do. Good Luck!

__Jamie__ Posted 8 Dec 2008 , 8:23pm
post #4 of 10

Actually, rver's idea sounds much easier! icon_wink.gif

ngfcake Posted 8 Dec 2008 , 8:25pm
post #5 of 10
Quote:
Quote:

I would think that you can set the cake on a styrofoam dummy that is smaller than the bottom cake layer and then put the roses under it. That is what I would do. Good Luck!

That's what I thought too. The same way you would do between the tiers. Just make sure your styrofoam dummy is not too small to give support to the cake.

I'd love to read what others say.

armywife99 Posted 8 Dec 2008 , 8:34pm
post #6 of 10

not sure if this is what you are looking for, but i just happened to be looking through photos today and found this cake...

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_435973.html

leah_s Posted 8 Dec 2008 , 8:34pm
post #7 of 10

Yep. Set that 10" cake on a 8" dummy and snuggle the flowers right up to it.

pasquerto Posted 10 Dec 2008 , 5:54pm
post #8 of 10

thank you all soo much! Yep that picture is pretty much spot on of what she wants! I hope i can do this

terrylee Posted 10 Dec 2008 , 6:11pm
post #9 of 10

I you will look in my photo I have a chocolate square cake resting on a bed of fresh roses.....it took 8 dozen roses to complete the bed. It is a wet foam base about an 2" smaller that the botton tier.....covered with foil to avoid seeping.

You can do it with silk roses also. If you have any other questions let me know...the bride was elated with the look.

arosstx Posted 10 Dec 2008 , 6:24pm
post #10 of 10

This may help (or not) but here is one I did, http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1178608

The cake is sitting on a styrofoam ring with all the roses placed in it. Maybe an idea you (or someone) can use?

Good luck, I'm sure it'll be pretty.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%