Help!!!chocolate Frosting, Chocolate Cake, Chocolate Mousse?

Baking By Baking_Booth Updated 12 Dec 2008 , 8:04pm by Baking_Booth

Baking_Booth Posted 8 Dec 2008 , 8:02pm
post #1 of 3

I got a last minute cake request from my wonderful SIL for my MIL's b-day, TOMORROW NIGHT! MIL has lost over 30 pounds on Jenny Craig and we want to celebrate with a death by chocolate cake! Help!

Chocolate Frosting?
I need a great tasting (and hopefully easy) chocolate frosting recipe that can be decorated with. What is your favorite? No fancy deco just a border or something.

Chocolate Cake?
I'm going to use a chocolate cake mix because I'm short on time but I was wondering if you knew a great add in for more flavor or something?

Chocolate Mousse?
I have a chocolate no bake mousse recipe that should be good to use for the filler. Have any of you ever tried dark or white chocolate mousse?

I looked around a little for some recipes but I'm at work right now and should probably, well, work, if I have to... lol.

Thanks!!! You all are awesome!!!

2 replies
stephaniescakenj Posted 12 Dec 2008 , 7:52pm
post #2 of 3

hershey's chocolate cake recipe on the back of the cocoa can is just as easy as a mix and really really good, replace the water with coffee though, it makes a big difference IMO
Chocolate buttercream, the best I've ever made was toba garrett's but it's fairly time consuming, if the recipe isn't posted here somewhere and you'd like it, send me a pm. the only oddball ingredient is godiva liquer but I think you can just add more milk, its tastier with the godiva though if you have time to stop at the store for it.
The only quick and easy mousse I've ever tried was whipped cream mixed with ganache and dream whip to stabilize it, i've made that with dark chocolate and it was really good.

Baking_Booth Posted 12 Dec 2008 , 8:04pm
post #3 of 3

Thank for the tips! I'll have to try that next time. I ended up making a chocolate cake mix and adding chocolate chips to it. I made chocolate pudding mixed with whipping cream for the mousse filling and the frosting I made Chocolate Cream Cheese frosting and it was a BIG hit!!!
I can't wait to try a ganache recipe next time.
Thanks!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%