Help! Chocolate & Banana Marble Cake!

Decorating By mariela_ms Updated 12 Dec 2008 , 10:32pm by Melody25

mariela_ms Posted 8 Dec 2008 , 5:15pm
post #1 of 10

Good Morning everyone!

So I have cake for this friday, Hannah Montana guitar. They want a marble cake. No problem, but they want Chocolate and Banana.

I found a recipe from a cake mix, you add bananas to it. Would you add banana extract as well?! I bought it just in case!

I would like some feedback. Or you have a recipe you could share that would be awesome. I prefer doctored mixes, but I can work with scratch icon_wink.gif

Thanks in advance~!!!! thumbs_up.gificon_smile.gif

9 replies
KHalstead Posted 8 Dec 2008 , 5:28pm
post #2 of 10

I would probably add some banana pudding mix to a yellow cake and then maybe add the mashed bananas too......sounds like a yummy combo

Sweetcakes23 Posted 8 Dec 2008 , 5:32pm
post #3 of 10

I would first see if I could find a coffee creamer with banana flavoring to add to the cake mix. If not. Then I would add some banana extract. I would probably not do the fresh bananas just because its a kids cake and some kids dont care for the texture of fresh (especially cooked) bananas.
I can't wait to see the pics, this sounds yummy.

mariela_ms Posted 8 Dec 2008 , 5:39pm
post #4 of 10

I never thought about the pudding!!! duh...what a great idea..

I am worried about the texture too when adding the bananas. Maybe I'll do a trial, because I am afraid of the banana bread-ish texture for the kids.

brincess_b Posted 8 Dec 2008 , 6:29pm
post #5 of 10

if u have the right amount of banana, then it wont be *too* obvious in the mix, if i use more bananas, it seems not to become as much a part of the mix. as someone who really doesnt like different textures, i have to say banana loaf is one of my faves! so maybe the kids wont mind so much anyway?

mariela_ms Posted 8 Dec 2008 , 6:33pm
post #6 of 10

The recipe I have calls for 2 mashed bananas, do you think that is a good amount or too much? btw I also love banana loaf!

GeminiRJ Posted 8 Dec 2008 , 6:42pm
post #7 of 10

I guess I would just use a banana cake mix. I've used both Duncan Hines and Pillsbury mixes, and they worked fine.

mariela_ms Posted 8 Dec 2008 , 6:44pm
post #8 of 10

There are banan cake mixes?!?! wow..I had no idea...I think I better super double check my grocery store...

indydebi Posted 9 Dec 2008 , 11:59pm
post #9 of 10

I would use the Duncan Hines marble cake mix. Mix it according to directions. After you pull the batter out to make the chocolate, then add some banana oil to the remaining yellow cake batter. Banana oil is made by McCormick's and can be found in the spice and flavorings section of Aisle 8, Walmart (geesh, I'm in there WAY too much!).

This is how I make my banana cakes (using banana oil) and people think I'm a banana genius .... and I'm tellin' them no different! icon_biggrin.gif

Melody25 Posted 12 Dec 2008 , 10:32pm
post #10 of 10

This is the Banana cake recipe I use all the time. I came up with it after needing one for my nephews birthday cake.

1 box Yellow cake mix
1 box banana pudding.
1 tsp banana flavoring
4 eggs
1/3 cup oil
1 1/4 cups water (or milk or a combo of the 2)

1 really ripe banana mashed

mix all the batter together then add the banana in last. The bake according to the package instructions. It's so moist and so good!

Quote by @%username% on %date%