Torte?????????? Help Plzzzzz Urgent

Decorating By CookiezNCupcakez Updated 8 Dec 2008 , 4:42pm by CookiezNCupcakez

CookiezNCupcakez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CookiezNCupcakez Posted 8 Dec 2008 , 4:32pm
post #1 of 4

Hi all!
Wendsday is my hubby's birthday and i have decided to make 2 9inch cakes and I wouldlike it to be 3 layers of filling...My question is what would be the best way to torte.... do I wait till is is cool?? Do put it in the freezer??? I have heard wax free dental floss is great for cutting?! this will be may first decorated cake ever! I will post the pix for all to see! thank you for any advice u can give thumbs_up.gif

3 replies
Parable Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Parable Posted 8 Dec 2008 , 4:38pm
post #2 of 4

For sure, wait until the cake is completely cooled. Then wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate for a couple of hours.

cupcakemkr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakemkr Posted 8 Dec 2008 , 4:41pm
post #3 of 4

Do not torte a cake while it is still warm , it will rip to shreds. It needs to cool completely, if you can refrigerate/freeze it for a bit so that it is cold (not frozen, if it freezes then deforst before cutting) it will cut easier.
You can use dental floss keep the string really tight and levle - you can use a really long serrated knife too. I've used my jelly roll pan edge as a guide to keep the knife level.

Good luck and have lots of fun!

CookiezNCupcakez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CookiezNCupcakez Posted 8 Dec 2008 , 4:42pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks soo much for a fast reply! I'm going to start to bake now > cool> wrap>fridge> torte!!! Thanks again icon_biggrin.gif [/code]

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%