Dinner Impossible Tv Show

Decorating By leah_s Updated 8 Dec 2008 , 5:04pm by cas17

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 8 Dec 2008 , 3:23pm
post #1 of 9

Last night we watched a rerun of DI with Chef Robert Irvne. He was freaked out by having to do a four tier cake, which was amusing in itself. Then he made his cake, one single layer per tier, not even torted, and when he was getting ready to move it, he looked into the camera and said something like, "It could all collapse at this point. I didn't put the little sticks in it for support."

Yep fondant covered four tier cake, no support and it was outside in Puerto Rico.

All I can say is, icon_eek.gif .

8 replies
KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 8 Dec 2008 , 3:32pm
post #2 of 9

I saw that one too I was smacking myself in the forehead saying "what are you doing?" only because I couldn't smack HIM in the forehead!!! I was seriously shocked that cake even stood up........especially after he dumped all that liquid into the cakes!!!

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 8 Dec 2008 , 3:38pm
post #3 of 9

I missed that one. Did it crash or did it actually hold?

Susie53 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Susie53 Posted 8 Dec 2008 , 3:44pm
post #4 of 9

It held up!

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 8 Dec 2008 , 3:53pm
post #5 of 9

But it didn't have to make it long. He finished it just as the party started and as soon as dinner was over they cut it. At least that's what apepared to happen during the show.

momma28 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momma28 Posted 8 Dec 2008 , 4:05pm
post #6 of 9

i saw that one a while back....I dont even think the cake could possibly have been cool enough to cover and stack!

(edite my typo's, holding baby typing one handed lol)

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 8 Dec 2008 , 4:06pm
post #7 of 9

and THESE type of folks get the opportunity to show how "good" they are by being on a nat'l tv show. icon_confused.gif I just don't get it.

TC123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TC123 Posted 8 Dec 2008 , 4:44pm
post #8 of 9

(Yes, KHalstead!!!) I watched him pour all that "red wine" syrup all over the cakes and said that looks like waaaaayyyyy too much! icon_surprised.gif It looked like he just saturated it, and I wondered if there's anyone here uses that much on their cakes. I hoped the birthday girl liked it. But then, she was probably just so excited to be on a TV show that it might not have mattered much. icon_smile.gif

cas17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cas17 Posted 8 Dec 2008 , 5:04pm
post #9 of 9

i saw this last nite as well. although i love robert irvine and michael symon too on this show but when i heard him say that he didn't dowel the cake my mouth dropped open! i couldn't believe it! i thought that cake store lady was helping him??? 4 tiers AND fondant are really heavy so i honestly do not see how it held up without majorly leaning or something. i did notice that when the girl ate a piece of the cake the camera shot froze...didn't look to tasty when it was being made. to be fair robert has said he is NOT a baker but accepts the challenge. the family looked like really nice people though.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%