Individual Pearls - How Do I Make A Lot Of Them Quickly?

Decorating By Cake-Girl1968 Updated 9 Dec 2008 , 4:34am by Frankyola

Cake-Girl1968 Posted 8 Dec 2008 , 1:38pm
post #1 of 8

Apparently, I cannot order dragees because I'm in Florida. I was on a website looking at pearl / bead making molds but it looks like they make strands. The tools they had for individual pearls required hand rolling each pearl. Is there an easier way to make a lot of uniformly sized pearls without hand rolling each one?

7 replies
ngfcake Posted 8 Dec 2008 , 1:52pm
post #2 of 8

Check this link, maybe it will be useful to you.
http://www.earlenescakes.com/prlinstruct.htm

I don't know how you would make them without rolling them individually, but this technique will certainly give uniform pearls.

kakeladi Posted 8 Dec 2008 , 2:13pm
post #3 of 8

Looks like you are going to be busy, busy, busy rolling and rolling!
They are easy to make just a bit time consuming. You can do it while watching TV in one evening.
Follow Earlene's direction. BTDT many timesicon_smile.gif

leah_s Posted 8 Dec 2008 , 3:14pm
post #4 of 8

I still say buy them. Pearls are not exactly the same as the metalic dragees. I've never heard of the pearls being banned.

www.avalondeco.com. Please say hi to David.

gales Posted 8 Dec 2008 , 9:07pm
post #5 of 8

To get a uniform size, roll out the paste and cut the number required out with the round end of an icing tube, that way they will all be the same size when you roll them.

lifonahil Posted 9 Dec 2008 , 4:31am
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by leahs

I still say buy them. Pearls are not exactly the same as the metalic dragees. I've never heard of the pearls being banned.

www.avalondeco.com. Please say hi to David.

I live in So. California and they are banned in this state. Someone sued and you can no longer buy them hear as ediable. My cake shop sells them but sells them as inediable. THey can not even be shipped to california. He has to go to another state and drive them here. Some issue with the lead content and how many pounds are consumed.

Frankyola Posted 9 Dec 2008 , 4:34am
post #8 of 8

I just finish with mine, like 10min. ago icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif , I making a cake for my nice and it has some Pearls Necklace and I use earlenescakes method it was fast I love it thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%