Michele Foster Fondant Question

Decorating By friedturtle Updated 8 Dec 2008 , 7:47am by Frankyola

friedturtle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
friedturtle Posted 8 Dec 2008 , 6:21am
post #1 of 4

I've noticed that Michele Foster's Fondant was mentioned as being a good fondant. I was just wondering if it needs to be refrigerated since it contains milk and butter. Can these be substituted. Also, how long does it last? Thanks.

3 replies
Frankyola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Frankyola Posted 8 Dec 2008 , 6:35am
post #2 of 4

Hi I have a question too if you don't mind icon_redface.gificon_redface.gif , can I use this fondant for bows and figures? Does this fondant gets hard or I have to add tylose or gumtext?

I am sorry I am posting my questions on yours I hope you don't mind, but I would like to know about Michele Foster's Fondant, I made a batch last night and it is the best fondant I ever tasted, icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif and it is so easy to work with.

Thank You all in advance and I am sorry again. icon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

CakesbyBecca Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesbyBecca Posted 8 Dec 2008 , 7:26am
post #3 of 4

I'm not sure exactly how this works, but the amount of sugar in the fondant prevents the milk from going bad, just like it does with buttercream, which doesn't have to be refrigerated either. You can definitely use her fondant for figures and bows. The red bow on my "STEFF" cake was made with Michele Foster's Fondant. You don't have to add tylose or gumtext (I don't), but from what I've heard, if you mix 50/50 gumpaste and fondant, your bows/figures will dry faster and harder.
HTH!

Frankyola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Frankyola Posted 8 Dec 2008 , 7:47am
post #4 of 4

Thank You so much for your response I have to make a cake for my nice for Dic. 22 an I have to make some bows and stuff, I really Apreciate your help.

Frankyia thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%