Fondant Plunger

Decorating By poppyseed Updated 8 Dec 2008 , 5:49am by ceshell

poppyseed Posted 8 Dec 2008 , 1:21am
post #1 of 6

Ok, so I don't what it is called or how it is used, but I know someone does. I was told it can make a string borders around cake bottoms. It looks like a syringe with several small discs. I tried putting fondant in it and squeezing, but it was too hard for it to come out. So any help would be appreciated.

5 replies
fiddlesticks Posted 8 Dec 2008 , 1:30am
post #2 of 6

Are you talking about the clay gun we all use for fondant???
If so you can work in a litte crisco.

Iva1976 Posted 8 Dec 2008 , 1:33am
post #3 of 6

I think your talking about a clay it silver and small?? if it is, I have the same one and you have to squeeze really hard.

leah_s Posted 8 Dec 2008 , 1:35am
post #4 of 6

Extruder. Work in a good bit of veg shortening and then put a log of it in the extruder and press.

poppyseed Posted 8 Dec 2008 , 3:41am
post #5 of 6

Thanks Gals, I'll try your suggestions re: veg. shortening, it's always fun to try new toys! Now I know what to call the "thing".....An extruder!

ceshell Posted 8 Dec 2008 , 5:49am
post #6 of 6

Try the Makins Ultimate Professional, it has a twist crank that is very easy on your hands. I cannot manage the plunger or press style guns.

Quote by @%username% on %date%