Chocolate Mousse As Filling?

Decorating By mariarosa Updated 8 Dec 2008 , 3:44pm by mariarosa

mariarosa Posted 7 Dec 2008 , 10:10pm
post #1 of 5

Can you fill a cake with chocolate mousse and decorate it with fondant, the next day, without getting too liquidy the mousse or just loose the consistency?

4 replies
toodlesjupiter Posted 7 Dec 2008 , 10:20pm
post #2 of 5

I use this recipe for chocolate mousse for filling, and it stays really thick. It is Alton Brown's from the Food Network. Everyone that has tried it has loved it. HTH!

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/chocolate-mousse-recipe2/index.html

newmansmom2004 Posted 7 Dec 2008 , 10:36pm
post #3 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariarosa

Can you fill a cake with chocolate mousse and decorate it with fondant, the next day, without getting too liquidy the mousse or just loose the consistency?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You sure can! I use a box of instant pudding with heavy whipping cream instead of milk to make a delicious mousse. Depending on how many layers you might need 2 or 3 boxes of pudding but just go by the instructions on the box and substitute the cream for the milk.

Just fill your cake and cover it with some plastic wrap or put inside a cake container then slide in the fridge until the next day. Take it out the next day and add your layer of buttercream then fondant.

PinkZiab Posted 8 Dec 2008 , 12:52am
post #4 of 5

If you are making REAL chocolate mousse, it must be refrigerated. Once it is well-chilled and set it can be left out for a few hours until service, but it's not something that should be left out over a night or two while decorating... I fill almost all of my cakes with some type of perishable filling and I only decorate in fondant (satin ice). I refrigerate all of my cakes with no problem.

mariarosa Posted 8 Dec 2008 , 3:44pm
post #5 of 5

thank you everybody ,you gave me very good advices, Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays thumbs_up.gif
mariarosa

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%