Darth Vader And Storm Trooper

Decorating By Tracy71 Updated 7 Dec 2008 , 10:33pm by Tracy71

Tracy71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tracy71 Posted 7 Dec 2008 , 9:08pm
post #1 of 9

I have to do a Darth Vader Cake and a Storm Trooper cake. Has anyone seen photos of any other cakes like this? I am not quite sure how to do them.

8 replies
3GCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
3GCakes Posted 7 Dec 2008 , 9:22pm
post #2 of 9

Hello. I have a Storm Trooper in my pics. It's probably not the best ever, but maybe you can build off of it.

I did like 4 8x2's stacked with a 9x2 dome on top. Covered in fondant, piped with pre-colored buttercream. This was my son's 8th birthday cake and he loved it. I could have done better carving on it and stuff...but it was my first "bust"...or head...or helmet...if you will..

I need to make a Darth Vader for a nephew for Christmas...so anyone who has done one any help is appreciated from me too!

Tracy71 Posted 7 Dec 2008 , 9:26pm
post #3 of 9

Oh, super cute!!! I will definately use your photo if you don't mind!! Thank you very much!!!

3GCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
3GCakes Posted 7 Dec 2008 , 9:31pm
post #4 of 9

Well gosh....no problem. I think anything having to do with carving a head is a little difficult....at least for me. I can't draw a face to save my life...so carving one...even a helmet one..isn't that easy..for me.

But I HAD to do it....it was that or an AT-AT and I did NOT want to build an AT-AT!!!

Tracy71 Posted 7 Dec 2008 , 9:42pm
post #5 of 9

My cakes are due in January. I will post pics and if Darth Vader turns out, you can PM me and I will send directions!!!

brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 7 Dec 2008 , 9:50pm
post #6 of 9

have you looked through the entries for the star wars competition? theres a lot of those kind of cakes in there.
xx

Tracy71 Posted 7 Dec 2008 , 9:53pm
post #7 of 9

No....where are those photos?

Sweetcakes23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweetcakes23 Posted 7 Dec 2008 , 10:21pm
post #8 of 9

I'd like to know where those are too?...

Tracy71 Posted 7 Dec 2008 , 10:33pm
post #9 of 9

Found Them........They are in the Galleries!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%