Strawberry Filling

Decorating By momdalejr Updated 8 Dec 2008 , 2:33am by tracey1970

momdalejr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momdalejr Posted 7 Dec 2008 , 8:15pm
post #1 of 8

Can you use strawberry and or raspberry jelly straight out of the jar for a filling??? Thank you ..... Brenda

7 replies
bizatchgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bizatchgirl Posted 7 Dec 2008 , 8:35pm
post #2 of 8

I've used it on top of buttercream for a filling, but never plain. It is kind of slippery and oozy.

diane706 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane706 Posted 7 Dec 2008 , 8:42pm
post #3 of 8

Yes! Smuckers Simply Fruit- Red Raspberry (Seedless!) Everybody loves it. I also use Polaner All Fruit.

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 7 Dec 2008 , 8:47pm
post #4 of 8

yes you can..... i have done this for years... right from the jar. seedless raspberry jam.... i put it on the cake layer.. use a small sharp pointed knife.. poke little holes first.. then spread the jam.. then put some of my buttercream on top of that.. makes the cake layer moist... very good...

momdalejr Posted 7 Dec 2008 , 8:48pm
post #5 of 8

Do you put the bc on the cake first or the jelly,,, that is what i was planning to do, buttercream filling with a touch of strawberry..l. thank you

momdalejr Posted 7 Dec 2008 , 8:50pm
post #6 of 8

thank you all,,, this will help out...

bizatchgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bizatchgirl Posted 7 Dec 2008 , 8:53pm
post #7 of 8

I was putting my bc first, then my jam. Maybe that's why I have the slipping, oozing problem. I'll have to try icer101's way next time!

tracey1970 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracey1970 Posted 8 Dec 2008 , 2:33am
post #8 of 8

I too have used jam as a filling - both with a buttercream layer on the bottom cake and without. It's been fine either way. I would recomment a good, strong icing dam, though, to help avoid bulging between layers.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%