White Chocolate Raspberry Cake Balls

Decorating By mbt4955 Updated 9 Dec 2008 , 4:15am by lifonahil

mbt4955 Posted 7 Dec 2008 , 3:52pm
post #1 of 7

Well, my two layer white chocolate raspberry cake is now one layer and the second layer is in pieces after it fell off the cooling rack. Thank goodness it is just for a small group and just because a coworker wants a heart shaped cake with raspberry filling. icon_smile.gif

I thought I would make cake balls and cover them in white chocolate, but I don't know what to use for the binder. The cake has so much flavor that I don't want to add any more. Could I mix up plain coffee creamer and use that or should I use some of the cream cheese icing that I am going to put on the ONE layer? Maybe add just a little of my raspberry extract to the coffee creamer?

Thanks for your help!!

Martha

6 replies
kakeladi Posted 7 Dec 2008 , 4:05pm
post #2 of 7

Just a bit of icing or creaner, Many times my cakes are so moist I don't need any binder - just mash up the cake & form into balls.

mbt4955 Posted 7 Dec 2008 , 4:06pm
post #3 of 7

Thanks, kakeladi. This cake is VERY moist so I may try it plain. I've never done the balls and I don't want them to fall apart ...

Sweet_Guys Posted 9 Dec 2008 , 2:37am
post #4 of 7

If you want an adult version, you could always add a few drops of a raspberry liquor (like chambord).

Paul & Peter

mbt4955 Posted 9 Dec 2008 , 3:02am
post #5 of 7

Thanks, Paul & Peter. That would have been very good ... unfortunately I went ahead and used some whipping cream because it was in the fridge. They are going to the ladies Bible Study at church, so it is probably just as well that I didn't make the adult variety. I may have to drop another cake soon and try them again. icon_smile.gif

Sweet_Guys Posted 9 Dec 2008 , 3:06am
post #6 of 7

We were just at a family holiday party...The adults loved the adult versions we made and one parent was thinking she'd slip one to her four-year-old to make him go to sleep last night after he ate so many cookies!!!

Paul & Peter

lifonahil Posted 9 Dec 2008 , 4:15am
post #7 of 7

Can someone tell me what the texture should be inside the cake ball. I made some but they seem mushy in side. My cake was so moist and then i added butter cream and baileys carmel and now when you bite into them it seems mushy.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%