Turtle Cake Filling

Baking By Nickilyn Updated 31 Dec 2008 , 1:14am by Nickilyn

Nickilyn Posted 7 Dec 2008 , 3:42pm
post #1 of 9

Does anybody have a recipe to use as a cake filling? When I think of turtle filling...I think of the candy meaning hard and chewy. I have searched the web and have only found turtle topping recipes for cheesecake or the components of turtle (pecans, caramel) incorporated in the cake.

Also, any suggestions on a buttercream variation that would mimic the taste of the turtle filling are also welcome.

8 replies
Misdawn Posted 7 Dec 2008 , 3:53pm
post #2 of 9

I take 1-8 oz bottle of caramel ice cream topping, 8 oz cream cheese, 1 to 2 cups powdered sugar (sifted), 1/2 cup toasted pecans (chopped), and 1/2 cup mini semisweet morsels. Mix first trhree ingredients until creamy, add final two ingredients and refrigerate at least one hour until filling firms.

DebBTX Posted 7 Dec 2008 , 3:59pm
post #3 of 9

Are you looking for something like a Caramel Buttercream with chopped pecans mixed in it; then, lightly drizzle chocolate over that before putting the next layer on?

Or would you rather have all the flavors mixed together?

Or perhaps a Chocolate Buttercream with chopped pecans in it with the caramel sauce lightly drizzled over it?

What kind of cake are you baking?

-Debbie B.

DebBTX Posted 7 Dec 2008 , 4:01pm
post #4 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misdawn

I take 1-8 oz bottle of caramel ice cream topping, 8 oz cream cheese, 1 to 2 cups powdered sugar (sifted), 1/2 cup toasted pecans (chopped), and 1/2 cup mini semisweet morsels. Mix first trhree ingredients until creamy, add final two ingredients and refrigerate at least one hour until filling firms.

Wow, that sounds delicious! I like the idea of using Cream Cheese.
Anything with toasted pecans has got to be good. icon_lol.gif

-Debbie B.

mcdonald Posted 7 Dec 2008 , 4:27pm
post #5 of 9

what a different filling!! I like the sound of this one... I am making a white cake and wanted a different filling... this might be the one

Nickilyn Posted 7 Dec 2008 , 8:13pm
post #6 of 9

I'm making a chocolate cake. The customer wants a chocolate cake with turtle filling. She has had this before but said she doesn't know if the cake was devil's food or not. I usually just doctor a devil's food mix for chocolate cake but this time I plan on doctoring a Duncan Hines Swiss Chocolate mix and omitting the Kahlua.

Thanks for sharing your recipes. I am about to give up on doing this cake anyway. She wants very small portions for an elaborate cake design so this may not get made after all.

Thanks so much for sharing your recipes, I appreciate it. icon_smile.gif

all4cake Posted 7 Dec 2008 , 8:33pm
post #7 of 9

there is the turtle pudding by Jell-O...make it with 1 cup of milk and fold in 1 cup of whipped whipping cream or bettercreme/pastry pride

Susie53 Posted 19 Dec 2008 , 7:15pm
post #8 of 9
Quote:

This recipe sounds delicious! Can't wait to try it out.

Nickilyn Posted 31 Dec 2008 , 1:14am
post #9 of 9
Quote:

Thanks Misdawn, I used your recipe and just wanted to let you know that the filling was a hit thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%