Any Great Ideas For Using X-Mas Swirled Choc Chips??

Decorating By JessDesserts Updated 8 Dec 2008 , 6:26pm by brincess_b

JessDesserts Posted 7 Dec 2008 , 6:25am
post #1 of 3

Hi Everyone!

Someone was kind enough to give me 2 bags of red and white swirled and green and white swirled chocolate ( i assume white) chips. They're adorable.

For whatever reason ( and I can list many), I am having zero luck thinking of something to do with them. - in the form of a cupcake, that is.

All I can think of is making cc's and frosting them in contrasting colors and adding them on top. Cute, yes. Spectacular, no.

Im looking for a mini-wow factor for these soon-to-be cupcakes ( I hope)

You see folks, as I no longer have any family of my own, I am spending the holidays with my bfs' family. Which, by the way, are where the chips came from.

I'm sure im putting too much pressure on myself, I usually do, but, I really, REALLY want to make something ...special.... extra special.

Any and all help for a fabulous cupcake design is greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much ( and sorry, if this got a little wordy)

Please help kick start my brain!!!!

Jessika icon_razz.gif

2 replies
diane706 Posted 7 Dec 2008 , 11:33pm
post #2 of 3

This is so funny! I was in the store today and saw them, picked them up and thought to myself...Hmmm, these are great! What can I do with these...?? (Who knows, I may have even said it out loud!! icon_wink.gif ) Anyway, I will think about it and get back with you.

brincess_b Posted 8 Dec 2008 , 6:26pm
post #3 of 3

could they be used as eyes/ buttons on snowmen? or you could you make candy cane or star shapes out of chocolate, and top with the chips? im not sure what else, maybe as chips in the cupcake (or cookie, with mint icing {i cake imagine mint icing on cupcakes!}) mix. but maybe simple is the way to go, make a really delicious cupcake, a good topping, and just sprinkle them on!
xx

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%