Decorating With Live Flowers

Decorating By mommyandme08 Updated 7 Dec 2008 , 1:22am by mommyandme08

mommyandme08 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommyandme08 Posted 6 Dec 2008 , 8:42pm
post #1 of 5

I need some advice! I'm doing a retirement cake and found a recipe for a butter cake that is suppose to be awesome, but have also heard that a WASC cake is too. However the only type of icing i've ever really done is buttercreme! Which would taste better together and should i add any flavor to icing other than the normal? Also Im crunched for time this week and was thinking of decorating it with live flowers, any suggestions on this? Any advice would be appreciated!!!

Thanks mommyandme08

4 replies
ngfcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ngfcake Posted 6 Dec 2008 , 8:54pm
post #2 of 5
Ariginal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ariginal Posted 6 Dec 2008 , 8:54pm
post #3 of 5

I know people do use fresh flowers but i for one refuse as there ar so many that are toxic and unless you know for sure its not worth the risk ... what about silk flowers instead?

I havent tried buttercake but i have the wasc and yes it is lovely.. is dense but moist.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 6 Dec 2008 , 10:59pm
post #4 of 5

My original WASC recipe is awesome w/b'cream! icon_smile.gif

Add me to the list of not wanting real flowers on a cake.
Yes, there are lists of what is toxic and not BUT......if you ck more than one list you will find they conderdict each othericon_sad.gif No one seems to agree. It's like everyone says poinsettia is poisionous but it's ONLY the berries that are not the plant.

mommyandme08 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommyandme08 Posted 7 Dec 2008 , 1:22am
post #5 of 5

Wow I have seen lots of cakes with flowers and never even worried about it being dangerous! I had them around the base of my wedding cake and it was gorgeous! I was planning to cut stems and just lay the heads on top and not put them all the way thru the cake, but maybe I should reconsider! Thanks for the input!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%