Ornament Question

Decorating By Peeg Updated 7 Dec 2008 , 3:24am by mixinvixen

Peeg Posted 6 Dec 2008 , 12:34pm
post #1 of 9

Is there a guide or directions on how to make the Christmas Ornaments? I sure would like to try them. Thanks for your guidance.

8 replies
Curtsmin24 Posted 6 Dec 2008 , 12:39pm
post #2 of 9

I'm not sure if you are looking for this but, there is a tutorial for ornament cupcakes in the articles section.

kakeladi Posted 6 Dec 2008 , 2:13pm
post #3 of 9

There are many different ways to make ornament cakes.
The way I do it is to use 1/2 ball cakes; I've also used mini heart, oval and other shapes.
If this is what you want to know let me know.

Peeg Posted 6 Dec 2008 , 6:02pm
post #4 of 9

Thank You kakladi, this is exactly what I want. I can't wait to try them, Thanks again. Peggy

msnrozier Posted 7 Dec 2008 , 1:05am
post #5 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peeg

Is there a guide or directions on how to make the Christmas Ornaments? I sure would like to try them. Thanks for your guidance.

PIGGY BACKING on this topic!!!!!!

How does everyone do the top (cap) of the ornament?? I see what ever it is it's colored in silver or gold luster, but I want to know the easiest way to so the cap!!

TIA

kakeladi Posted 7 Dec 2008 , 1:36am
post #6 of 9

....... want to know the easiest way to so the cap!! ........

The easiest way to to buy those cupcake like liners that are used for individual pieces of candy. They look just like cupcake liners but are silver &/or gold.

Another way is to make a loop of fondant or gp and just stick it to the top of the ornament. Can paint w/luster dust mixed w/vodka or not.
LL
LL

sweetcakes Posted 7 Dec 2008 , 2:25am
post #7 of 9

for the cap i have also used a mini marshmallow, cut off one end and it will stick to the ornament, then you can paint it gold or silver.

Susie53 Posted 7 Dec 2008 , 2:47am
post #8 of 9

sweetcakes, what a clever idea to use a mini marshmallow for the the ornament cap...that's what I will use when I make some ornament cupcakes...thanks!

mixinvixen Posted 7 Dec 2008 , 3:24am
post #9 of 9

i plan on doing these, so i bought some "rolo's" candy the other night. they're wrapped in a bright coppery gold foil with not a logo in sight, so just pop it on the top, and it's an extra little piece of candy for the recipient!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%