Technique Fo Buttercream

Decorating By Lelly Updated 6 Dec 2008 , 3:29am by Frankyola

Lelly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lelly Posted 6 Dec 2008 , 2:50am
post #1 of 4

I am making my first fondant cake tomorrow for my daughter's baptism on Sunday. I already have 4 lbs. of Satin Ice (Please taste good...) and I am going to use the Buttercream Dream recipe here on CC. What I want to know is, how do I spread the buttercream? With a spatula or with a tip? Or with a tip and then smooth with a spatula? Please let me know. Also, how long do you usually let the buttercream sit before you place the fondant on?

Can I leave the cake out from Sat. till Sun. even with the buttercream?

Thanks as always for all of your help.

3 replies
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 6 Dec 2008 , 3:07am
post #2 of 4

From one fondant newbie to another .....

I just did my first fully covered fondant cake about a month ago. It was easier than I thought it would be. After a couple of "HELP!" calls to CC'er Lynette, who talked me thru it, I iced the cake in BC like I usually do, then covered in fondant. As far as the time for it to sit, I iced them, then rolled out the fondant, so they sat there for a few minutes while I figured out how to roll the fondant out right! icon_redface.gif The part I DID like was when I messed it up, it was pretty easy to pull it off and re-roll it (after a panic call to Lynette!) icon_lol.gif

tracey1970 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracey1970 Posted 6 Dec 2008 , 3:17am
post #3 of 4

That's what I do too. I ice my cake with a crumb coat of BC. While that is sitting, I knead and roll out the fondant. I cover the cake. Yes, the cake will be fine to sit out one day. I too use Satin Ice and love it. I really like how well it works, and even the non-fondant eaters I know actually like it.

Frankyola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Frankyola Posted 6 Dec 2008 , 3:29am
post #4 of 4

Does the Buttercream Dream crust? Can you guys help me? icon_redface.gif

Thank You in advance icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%