Not Cake Related But I Was Assaulted At Michaels Today

Lounge By twistedsplinters Updated 15 Dec 2008 , 5:58am by KitchenKat

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 6 Dec 2008 , 11:43pm
post #61 of 87

Aaah I knew this thread would be an interesting read when someone DARED mention skin color....

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 7 Dec 2008 , 8:00pm
post #62 of 87

twistedsplinters I am so glad to hear you have bounced back so quickly! You sound like you have a very strong head on your shoulders, and that's going to keep this from bothering you in the future!! Good for you! I'm glad you don't feel as though you must watch over your shoulder in line!! icon_lol.gif

And as for Black Friday... whoever mentioned staying home and caking on that day is exactly right!! That situation in WalMart that was on the news is the exact reason I won't partake of shopping on that day. Bargains or not... like has been mentioned, it's just not worth it. My kids will get their gifts when it's safe. icon_rolleyes.gif

twistedsplinters Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twistedsplinters Posted 7 Dec 2008 , 8:34pm
post #63 of 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvira

And as for Black Friday... whoever mentioned staying home and caking on that day is exactly right!! That situation in WalMart that was on the news is the exact reason I won't partake of shopping on that day. Bargains or not... like has been mentioned, it's just not worth it. My kids will get their gifts when it's safe. icon_rolleyes.gif

I helped a friend get stuff from WM this past black friday she was wanting the xbox 360 and they only had 16 out. Well she got there at 4am and already was 11ppl around the stack of them. as the hour went on more & more ppl started surrounding them and an argument started bc one guy who gets there says that if he doesnt get one someone is going to get hurt , seriously hurt. well she called the store on her cell and security and police came and arrested him bc he was threatening ppl and also had an open container drinking in the store " vodka" she got hers but alot of ppl got hurt and scratched and someppl that had been waiting since the night before didnt even get one.

It was my 1st time being to a black friday, im glad i stood to the side and didnt participate. its not worth getting hurt over a game system or anything.

mbelgard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbelgard Posted 7 Dec 2008 , 8:48pm
post #64 of 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvira

Black Friday is my decorating day, I don't put anything up until then.

My cousin-in-law is nuts about that day, she's been known to take infants and small children with her to be there when the store opens and she travels 2 hours to do this. icon_confused.gif

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 7 Dec 2008 , 9:44pm
post #65 of 87

Kendi-

I take back my "welcome". And you're right, that associates degree from a junior college surely DOES blow my mind. icon_eek.gif Wow, how smart you are! icon_twisted.gif

michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 8 Dec 2008 , 12:44am
post #66 of 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by kendi25

That justifies the American Educational system:
1. English is your natural language and still a foreign language to you.
2. Nationality would not answer my question.

I suggest you all develop social skills - if you had any, my question would be a question and not an issue.

I suggest you do do some INTERNATIONAL travelling, cause it seem that you are sadly trapped in a prison with some high high walls. You all need to think independently cause, my statement is not offensive and you know it. You all need to floss that tartar out of your brains and think clearly.
My educational level is too advanced for your comprehension, and, my social skills are way beyond yours. Clearly, this chat room/ community is not the place for me on any level.
"It is better to put through a brick wall than to communicate ignorant people!"
You all need to wake up and smell the batter - It is 2008!!
Peace out CC.

HOW RUDE!

Someone upsets you so you have to insult us all?

Carolynlovescake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carolynlovescake Posted 8 Dec 2008 , 3:01am
post #67 of 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by michellenj

Someone upsets you so you have to insult us all?

That was why I replied back, it was that post that offended me. icon_lol.gif

Melvira, I'm the same way. I've heard to many black friday horror stories and I stay home. I'd rather pay full price after a full night's sleep then just a few hours and fight for my life for a few dollars in savings.

famousamous Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
famousamous Posted 8 Dec 2008 , 4:12am
post #68 of 87
Quote:

I suggest you all develop social skills - if you had any, my question would be a question and not an issue.

I suggest you do do some INTERNATIONAL travelling, cause it seem that you are sadly trapped in a prison with some high high walls. You all need to think independently cause, my statement is not offensive and you know it. You all need to floss that tartar out of your brains and think clearly.
My educational level is too advanced for your comprehension, and, my social skills are way beyond yours. Clearly, this chat room/ community is not the place for me on any level.
Peace out CC.

So why dont you enlighten us, how does race relate to this story?
What difference does it make? You obviously think people who behave in such a way must be african american. Dont try and back pedal now.

May all your cakes fall and your buttercream be grainy! dunce.gif

kjt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjt Posted 8 Dec 2008 , 4:50am
post #69 of 87

twistedsplinters...so sorry about the drama at Michaels...hopefully the offender will realize how fortunate she is (and gracious you are that she isn't dealing with the court system over this ridiculous offense

kendi...WHY in the WORLD would you want to know that?!? What difference could it possibly make to you what color she is, I mean really thumbsdown.gif . I find your question (and all follow up posts) very offensive, and it's none of your business WHAT color OR nationality I am icon_mad.gif .

twistedsplinters Posted 8 Dec 2008 , 3:30pm
post #70 of 87

Ok, so I thought long and hard all weekend, and have decided not to press charges I wasnt injured I guess if I was I would have had her arrested on the spot. And I do not want this CRAZY little girl in my life anylonger than she has already been. I called the police department this morning and told them that I had decided not to, they said it will still be on her record as an assault but charges were never filed bc they had to come out there and respond to it. so thats a plus i guess that its on her record bc if she does decide to go psycho again ad the judge sees she has done this before they will be very hard on her hopefully.
But again I wanted to thank everyone of you on here for the sympathies and well wishes.

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 8 Dec 2008 , 6:58pm
post #71 of 87

I'm glad that you made the right decsion for you! I undestand why you just wanted this over and done with, and the weekend prob. gave you some good clarity. Steppig away from drama always does!
Hopefully she learned her lesson, and it won't happen again. At least its on her record.

Carolynlovescake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carolynlovescake Posted 8 Dec 2008 , 7:12pm
post #72 of 87

I'm glad to see that you were able to remove yourself and reflect over things and come to a decision that works for you.

I understand you just wanting her out of your life.

Most of all I'm glad to hear you are ok.

michellenj Posted 8 Dec 2008 , 7:52pm
post #73 of 87

I can totally relate to just wanting to be done with it and her. When my neighbor's dog bit my child all the neighbors were all riled up and wanted me to press charges, but I was just so tired of it, tired of thinking about it and talking about it, and my son wasn't really hurt, and that was what mattered. Drama is exhausting!

It is nice to hear that the Michael's manager was so caring. What a guy!

GI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GI Posted 9 Dec 2008 , 12:37am
post #74 of 87

I think you are totally cool! You know with the holidays coming up, who needs more stress! Christmas shopping is way more fun this way! icon_biggrin.gif

And you are so right, when (not if!ha!) this gal gets another "chat" with the cops, then they won't be so happy to let her run wild again. icon_twisted.gif

May you never run into this type of person again! thumbs_up.gif

LaSombra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaSombra Posted 9 Dec 2008 , 5:15pm
post #75 of 87

wow, I would have never thought someone in Michael's would act like that! icon_surprised.gif I've only ever met really nice people in there. It sounds like she was having a really bad time and was taking it out on the nearest person. It doesn't excuse it but at least there is an explanation. Glad to hear you're ok, no injury. I say good idea for not pressing charges. The cops being there was probably scary enough for her and you really don't need that stress at this time of year.

(((HUGS)))

LaSombra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaSombra Posted 9 Dec 2008 , 5:25pm
post #76 of 87
Quote:

Peace out CC.

I just now came in on this whole argument but WOW! If you feel the need to ask, then you obviously have a suspicion and think it does matter. My first thought when reading your question was, "What??" I personally hadn't given the girl's race any thought.

As for your further assumptions that all CCers are uneducated, ignorant, close-minded people, I will tell you that I have a bachelor's degree in Spanish and a minor in Linguistics, have traveled to France 3 times, as well as several other countries. You apparently are ignorant yourself and moving to another country has not helped.

If you honestly assumed that others would not have reacted in the manner they did, you are the ignorant one. As soon as I read it, I was sure that further argument would soon come.

The only thing you can really do in this situation is to own up to it and apologize for having made an ignorant remark.

CakeDiva73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva73 Posted 9 Dec 2008 , 6:14pm
post #77 of 87
Quote:

Peace out CC.

Forgive me for pointing out the obvious but I don't think "we" are the ones in need of a lesson on social skills.

lardbutt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lardbutt Posted 9 Dec 2008 , 9:43pm
post #78 of 87

wow, just wow!

I'm glad you're ok and are able to put this behind you. You are a brave gal no matter what color your skin is!

twistedsplinters Posted 9 Dec 2008 , 10:18pm
post #79 of 87

icon_smile.gif (((HUGS)))

ahuvas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ahuvas Posted 10 Dec 2008 , 4:08am
post #80 of 87

I know this is off topic but I am running a research study and we have a lot of participants who are international students from India. One of the RA's said about a participant from India "I think he is going to be good but Im not sure how its going to go in the sleep lab" so I said "What do you mean, he seems great" and she said "he smelt.." and I said "I didnt notice that when I was screening him" ..and she said "well when he bent over, he had that smell... you know that curry smell" ... SERIOUSLY!!?!

It reminds me of the episode of The Office where Michael wants to teach everyone about racial tolerance so he creates diversity day and assigns different nationalities to each of the workers that they have take on and then he basically proceeds to be as offensive as humanely possible.

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=AgAWSrh_LTU

1nanette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
1nanette Posted 10 Dec 2008 , 4:44am
post #81 of 87

Kendi[/quote]

Bienvenue aux Etas Unis, ma chere. (Il y avait un tres long temps depuis j'ai parle en francais, pardonez moi. icon_redface.gif )

Don't think I've tried to type in French in like 5 years. He he. icon_lol.gif Don't remember a thing.[/quote]

OMG!!! You haven't typed French in 5 years...I have been in a French class since the 7th grade 30 years ago and I understood exatly what you typed!!! icon_eek.gificon_surprised.gif We had some darn good teachers!!!!!!

Mike1394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike1394 Posted 10 Dec 2008 , 10:57am
post #82 of 87
Quote:

Peace out CC.

Hehehehehe icon_biggrin.gif Time to play icon_biggrin.gif If you care to take the roll as educator PLEASE PM me. I hope teaching an obviously lacking American isn't beneath your superior skills. Oh, just curious what race are you? I would like to cement my preconceived notions before we begin to banter.

Mike

kjt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjt Posted 10 Dec 2008 , 2:02pm
post #83 of 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1394

Oh, just curious what race are you? I would like to cement my preconceived notions before we begin to banter.

Mike

Oh, touche' thumbs_up.gif

mbelgard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbelgard Posted 10 Dec 2008 , 8:05pm
post #84 of 87
Quote:

Peace out CC.

Is now a good time to point out that there were some well educated Nazis?

It isn't good to assume that none of us have traveled outside the states or aren't well traveled. I've lived in a foreign country and several states.

michellenj Posted 11 Dec 2008 , 12:24am
post #85 of 87

Education is great, but just remember that the Unabomber had a PhD from Harvard.

quilting2011 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
quilting2011 Posted 14 Dec 2008 , 11:46pm
post #86 of 87

I glad your ok. If anyone is any situation where they were punched in the face. It is important go see your health card provider to make sure you don't have any injuries that may surface later.

I am so sorry about the experience.

KitchenKat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KitchenKat Posted 15 Dec 2008 , 5:58am
post #87 of 87

Gosh I'm sorry this happened to you and I'm glad you're physically and emotionally okay.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%