Not Cake Related But I Was Assaulted At Michaels Today

Lounge By twistedsplinters Updated 15 Dec 2008 , 5:58am by KitchenKat

twistedsplinters Posted 6 Dec 2008 , 1:54am
post #1 of 87

long story so bare with me.

I was at michaels today and i was in lineand the girl behind me bumped my ankle with her buggy and i simple said ouch you hit my ankle i wasnt mean about it or anything. Well she said tons of words i think half of you wouldnt want to hear or even ever heard come out of someones mouth. then she hits me again after i told her not to hit me with the buggy again after her rant and i call the police bc she is becoming more angry and inching towards me. So she realizes that i am on the phone with the police starts screaming at the top of her lungs and punches me in the face.

Well about 50+ ppl saw it + a camera right there caught it. her grandma was just coming shopping and showed up and told me she couldnt believe she is acting this way that she has never acted this way before in her life. anyways

i go outside bc she is still screamingppl are telling her to shut up with the mouth bc kids are in the store and are hearing and watching this. i have tons of ppl comeoutside that witnessed what happened and wanted to help THE WHOLE STORE.

THE police show up and she tries to tell them that i was so rude in hwo i said that she hit me that she was saying stuff to me and then i called the police for no reason. Well the police thens ay then you decide bc she was calling the police bc of your language you want to up it to a felony assault well congrats. SHE IS BALLING BY THE WAY while i the one hit istanding nice and cool to the side.

Well they leave and the store manager comes up and appologizes saying he is so sorry this happened to me i finally break down not bc im hurt but bc this is the reason why i really dont like 99% of ppl. well he sees me crying and he starts to cry this 300lb man cries bc im crying. anyways, im fine not hurt im not even mad at the girl anymore i think i would still be fuming if someone cut me off in traffic more than this. but oh well, i guess im growing up and not festering over anything anymore bc she is not worth my time worrying about her. I will just go to hobbylobby or partycity from now on and avoid that part of town.

THANKS FOR READING AND LISTENING.

86 replies
Melvira Posted 6 Dec 2008 , 2:05am
post #2 of 87

OH MY GOD!! You poor thing! That is absolutely horrible!! Did the police arrest her? Were you hurt? Bloody nose or anything!?!? I am so sorry!!

indydebi Posted 6 Dec 2008 , 2:05am
post #3 of 87

I am so sorry you went thru this. It's hard to understand why people are such idiots! I also have a problem with those who proclaim how the offender "just NE-E-E-E-ver" acted this way before! icon_confused.gif Yeah, right!

(Pssst! The word you want is "bawling" to describe crying. I had to chuckle to myself when I saw the phrase "she is balling....". As a teenager, this is the phrase we used to decribe ... well.... what is usually done in the backseat of a car at a drive-in movie! icon_redface.gificon_lol.gif And referencing a drive-in-movie-theater should tell you how old I am! icon_lol.gif )

justducky Posted 6 Dec 2008 , 2:06am
post #4 of 87

I am so sorry you had such a bad time. I am very glad you were not hurt badly.

indydebi Posted 6 Dec 2008 , 2:08am
post #5 of 87
twistedsplinters Posted 6 Dec 2008 , 2:10am
post #6 of 87

sorry i thought i deleted this one in time. No im not hurt, no black eye or bloody nose or anything. just messed my glasses up a bit is all.

twistedsplinters Posted 6 Dec 2008 , 2:11am
post #7 of 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

I am so sorry you went thru this. It's hard to understand why people are such idiots! I also have a problem with those who proclaim how the offender "just NE-E-E-E-ver" acted this way before! icon_confused.gif Yeah, right!

(Pssst! The word you want is "bawling" to describe crying. I had to chuckle to myself when I saw the phrase "she is balling....". As a teenager, this is the phrase we used to decribe ... well.... what is usually done in the backseat of a car at a drive-in movie! icon_redface.gificon_lol.gif And referencing a drive-in-movie-theater should tell you how old I am! icon_lol.gif )

i know i realized it after i posted but ohwell. I had no idea that ppl use balling for that reason. oops

Marysmom Posted 6 Dec 2008 , 2:12am
post #8 of 87

That is unbelievable. I can't understand some people.

And don't for one second feel silly or stupid for crying. You were attacked! If she had had a gun, she might have shot you.

I would be deeply shaken if this had happened to me. Allow yourself to feel this and don't try and ignore your feelings or let someone tell you that what happned was trivial.

I hope your ok. And she should be arrested.

twistedsplinters Posted 6 Dec 2008 , 2:14am
post #9 of 87

oh and i found out that she was a 19yr old whose fiance' just called off the wedding she was planning last night. I told them that, that still doesnt allow her to just hit someone. I am so glad i didnt have my kids with me they normally go with me in everywher but wanted to stay in the car with my husband this time. I am so glad to.

tana Posted 6 Dec 2008 , 2:16am
post #10 of 87

I SO wish I was ther. When I read this I felt so angry and now I feel like fighting.LOL. But serious, I wish I was ther to help you out.

dailey Posted 6 Dec 2008 , 2:18am
post #11 of 87

wow, what a psycho! do you know if she got charged??

kendi25 Posted 6 Dec 2008 , 2:20am
post #12 of 87

I am so sorry that you went throught that. I am happy that you did not stoop to her level, but, you were the better and bigger person.
She got away with it with you - but she will try it with someone else and she will not be the bossy one. She will get her behind whooped. Karma is a b%%%ch.
But, you get some rest and relax. She is lucky it was you - trust me. Had it been me...she would be the one crying. She is just GHETTO and you are not.

So sorry
Kendi

twistedsplinters Posted 6 Dec 2008 , 2:20am
post #13 of 87

i really couldnt believe it i am 28yrs old and have never been in a fight. it was kinda like being on a set of a movie with all the action and drama around in the store today

DebBTX Posted 6 Dec 2008 , 2:24am
post #14 of 87

Did the police arrest her or just have a strong talk with her?

-Debbie B.

twistedsplinters Posted 6 Dec 2008 , 2:26am
post #15 of 87

no she was a 19yr old blonde girl who apparently had a bad day yesterday and decided to take it out on me.

indydebi Posted 6 Dec 2008 , 2:26am
post #16 of 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by twistedsplinters

i know i realized it after i posted but ohwell. I had no idea that ppl use balling for that reason. oops

My 16 year old and her friends use that phrase today to describe sports activity. I burst out laughing every time I hear them say it. She just says, "Mom, stop being gross!" icon_lol.gif

twistedsplinters Posted 6 Dec 2008 , 2:27am
post #17 of 87
Quote:

long story so bare with me.

SHE IS BALLING BY THE WAY while i the one hit istanding nice and cool to the side.

oops i meant Bawling

twistedsplinters Posted 6 Dec 2008 , 2:34am
post #18 of 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

Quote:

My 16 year old and her friends use that phrase today to describe sports activity. I burst out laughing every time I hear them say it. She just says, "Mom, stop being gross!" icon_lol.gif

well i learned something new today!!

summernoelle Posted 6 Dec 2008 , 2:39am
post #19 of 87

Sorry this happened, but GOOD for you!

A woman one time threatened to beat me up (lay my a** out, or something like that) at a park because she didn't like that my 3 yr old was pretending to be a dinosaur. She outweighed me by about 100 lbs, was with another huge friend, and scared me to death. I can tell you that I did not handle it well-I got so upset that I was shaking head to toe and called security, who didn't do anything.

I am really impressed to hear how collected you were.

superstar Posted 6 Dec 2008 , 2:39am
post #20 of 87

So sorry such an awful thing happened to you, you handled it in a wonderful way & I am glad you had your cry, you needed it. There really are more nice people than nasty ones, look at all the wonderful people on CC.

twistedsplinters Posted 6 Dec 2008 , 2:42am
post #21 of 87

i know i love it here on CC! Everyone i have talked to on here has been really nice.

twistedsplinters Posted 6 Dec 2008 , 2:45am
post #22 of 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by summernoelle

A woman one time threatened to beat me up (lay my a** out, or something like that) at a park because she didn't like that my 3 yr old was pretending to be a dinosaur. She outweighed me by about 100 lbs, was with another huge friend, and scared me to death. I can tell you that I did not handle it well-I got so upset that I was shaking head to toe and called security, who didn't do anything.

Thanks I think my hands started shaking at some point but stopped as soon as the adrenaline "sp?" kicked in. I have been in arguments with ppl before that were very heated but i was never afraid of them. I guess im still not. My husband says he is not going to let me go anywhere by myself again. I tried to run to get movies a few hours ago and he wouldnt let me he went instead. "sweetie", I dont know if i should be scared but im not for some reason.

twistedsplinters Posted 6 Dec 2008 , 2:47am
post #23 of 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by summernoelle

Thanks I think my hands started shaking at some point but stopped as soon as the adrenaline "sp?" kicked in. I have been in arguments with ppl before that were very heated but i was never afraid of them. I guess im still not. My husband says he is not going to let me go anywhere by myself again. I tried to run to get movies a few hours ago and he wouldnt let me he went instead. "sweetie", I dont know if i should be scared but im not for some reason.

summernoelle Posted 6 Dec 2008 , 3:29am
post #24 of 87
Quote:

No, no-you will be fine. Things like this are so rare-99.99% of the time, people would say Oh, I'm sorry. Excuse me! Are you OK? People rarely turn psycho on you like this woman-but I certainly hope you pressed charges. I would have.

twistedsplinters Posted 6 Dec 2008 , 3:48am
post #25 of 87

Well, i didnt press charges at that moment but the police told me i had plenty of time to decide if I want to or not. they wrote up the report took her license and ran it to see if she had any priors and took all the info from her so if i decide to i can file.

CakesByJen2 Posted 6 Dec 2008 , 4:01am
post #26 of 87

Good lord, you might expect something like that at a seedy bar, but at Michael's?? You should definitely press charges. It was not any kind of accident, but a very deliberate act, and she needs to learn there are consequences to her actions! I don't care if her fiance dumped her (do you blame him??) or how upset she was, she had no right to physically assault a total stranger for no reason.

Trixyinaz Posted 6 Dec 2008 , 4:13am
post #27 of 87

Geez! Sorry that happened. There really is no explaining why people do the things they do. Honestly, 99% of people aren't like that. But I will confess that as I get older, the less I like to be around people...they can be very weird! hehehehe

Anyway, glad you are okay!

dldbrou Posted 6 Dec 2008 , 4:19am
post #28 of 87

I guess she would be considered to be the ultimate BRIDEZILLA. I would press charges and ask that she take anger management courses.

summernoelle Posted 6 Dec 2008 , 4:49am
post #29 of 87
Quote:

Well, i didnt press charges at that moment but the police told me i had plenty of time to decide if I want to or not. they wrote up the report took her license and ran it to see if she had any priors and took all the info from her so if i decide to i can file.

You absolutely MUST press charges! This girl is a 19 year old tapedshut.gif who thinks she can get away with anything she wants. She punched you in the face for saying excuse me! icon_mad.gif If she is like this at 19, what will she be like with 2 kids and a husband? Teach this Barbie a lesson!

If you don't stand up to bad people, who will?

GI Posted 6 Dec 2008 , 4:58am
post #30 of 87
Quote:

I will just go to hobbylobby or partycity from now on and avoid that part of town.

Keep going to Michaels. They know you there and will watch out for you. icon_smile.gif

Besides, guaranteed the store manager is going to make sure that girl is not allowed back into his store.

(And you don't want to run into her over at Hobby Lobby or PartyCity! You might have a flashback of PTS and then just rip her little blonde Barbie head right off.. icon_mad.gificon_evil.giftapedshut.gif...just teasing.. icon_twisted.gif ...no really, icon_lol.gif )

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%