Please Help! Chocolate Mmf

Decorating By rachel-b Updated 6 Dec 2008 , 3:57am by Frankyola

rachel-b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rachel-b Posted 5 Dec 2008 , 11:11pm
post #1 of 5

Hello All,
Thanks for taking the time to read my post! I just made Chocolate MMF for the first time. I used the recipe from CC. It tastes GREAT (like a Tootsie Roll), BUT...the consistency is not quite right. I'm not sure how to explain it... It's not too dry, but it "breaks apart" when I try to roll it. I was thinking maybe add more corn syrup??? ANY ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
rachel-b

4 replies
Frankyola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Frankyola Posted 6 Dec 2008 , 1:12am
post #2 of 5

I would add glycerin, until you get the right consistency (if you want to fix the one you already have) I sounds like you add to much Powder Sugar, that happen to me when I star using MMF and I add that and then was great, you can always use crisco.

I hope this help icon_wink.gif

cathie_shinnick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cathie_shinnick Posted 6 Dec 2008 , 1:37am
post #3 of 5

When I make my ChocMMF, I sift 1/2 cup cocoa powder into the melted marshmallows and stir well before I pour onto my PS. Sometimes I use more cocoa, when I so I just add a little more water to the MM. I think I will try the glycerin.

rachel-b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rachel-b Posted 6 Dec 2008 , 2:14am
post #4 of 5

Thanks for responding. I didn't use as much PS as the recipe called for, so I don't think that's it. And I sifted and stirred the cocoa powder, like you suggested, cathie. So I'm not sure what went wrong.
I don't have glycerin. What do you think of using more corn syrup? I need to finish this one tonight.

Frankyola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Frankyola Posted 6 Dec 2008 , 3:57am
post #5 of 5

If you have crisco or any vegetable shortening you can add it little by little, when you add cocoa powder you have to reduce the amount of sugar powder, I never try the watter, when that happen to me I add corn syrup but it was so sticky that is why I use glyserine and it work perfect for me. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%