Britney's Cake

Decorating By lilacc01 Updated 9 Dec 2008 , 12:47am by GI

lilacc01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilacc01 Posted 5 Dec 2008 , 10:12pm
post #1 of 30

Cake celebrating Britney's birthday and cd release.
LL

29 replies
Iva1976 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Iva1976 Posted 5 Dec 2008 , 10:23pm
post #2 of 30

I saw it on the news, it's beautiful!!

GI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GI Posted 6 Dec 2008 , 1:21am
post #3 of 30

I am a Britney fan. I liked her cake, GMA said it took 60 hours to make.

michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 6 Dec 2008 , 1:34am
post #4 of 30

Very nice.

tenleysmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tenleysmommy Posted 6 Dec 2008 , 1:44am
post #5 of 30

Pretty amazing!The guy that brought it out,can't remember his name,is on alot of food network challenges.

revel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
revel Posted 6 Dec 2008 , 1:48am
post #6 of 30

Who did her cake?

tracey1970 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracey1970 Posted 6 Dec 2008 , 3:09am
post #7 of 30

There was another thread on this topic posted this past week in which the cake decorator was identified - not sure what the thread was called though??

stephaniescakenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephaniescakenj Posted 6 Dec 2008 , 3:22am
post #8 of 30

buddy valastro.. Carlo's bakery. I don't like it. It's nicely executed but I don't care for the colors...

Trixyinaz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Trixyinaz Posted 6 Dec 2008 , 3:32am
post #9 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephaniescakenj

buddy valastro.. Carlo's bakery. I don't like it. It's nicely executed but I don't care for the colors...

OMG! I have to tell my friend at work. She grew up with Buddy and was showing me his cakes not a couple months ago when she found out I was making cakes....hysterical!

{{edited to correct my spelling}}

stephaniescakenj Posted 6 Dec 2008 , 3:40am
post #10 of 30

Trixyinaz -- that's so cool! He's actually teaching our cake club here in NJ a class on fondant/gumpaste in january. i haven't signed up for it yet though... It's really expensive and I'm already signed up for another class the same day so I'm debating on what I want to do.. his stuff is really nice so it might outweigh the cost.

Trixyinaz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Trixyinaz Posted 6 Dec 2008 , 4:23am
post #11 of 30

Hey Stephanie --- My co-worker Laura said he is very talented....obviously. How cool for you to get to do a class with him. I would LOVE to. I need to join a cake club here in Michigan, but working full-time and doing this on the side, not to mention having a 4 year old, doesn't leave much time. Anyway, I want to say she told me he made her wedding cake and that it was to die for. I'm trying to remember all that she told me about him, but it was a few months ago and you know with age, my memory isn't that great anymore. I sent her a link to this thread so she could see that he did Brittney's cake.

Keep me posted on when you take his class. I can't wait to see what you produce...if you decide to take his class. How long of a class is it and how much is it?

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 6 Dec 2008 , 4:43am
post #12 of 30

Very cool, but I don't think that would take 60 hours. Seems a bit extreme...

GI Posted 6 Dec 2008 , 5:50am
post #13 of 30

I thought it extreme, too, considering they had the whole cake staff right there on the GMA! But that's what they said...

stephaniescakenj Posted 6 Dec 2008 , 5:19pm
post #14 of 30

Hey Vicki -- well the cost for his class is $155 and this is the description: Buddy will teach us how to crumb coat a 7 inch round cake, cover it in fondant, apply some piping and create his signature gumpaste roses from start to finish to top off the completed cake.

And he will be providing the cakes and any tools so we pretty much just show up. I haven't decided yet.. His cakes are really nice so it might be worth it. I would definitely recomend joining a club if you have one nearby. I have three little ones but I only work part time. It's really nice to get out of the house once a month and do something fun!

tinygoose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tinygoose Posted 6 Dec 2008 , 5:43pm
post #15 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by summernoelle

That would take me 60 hours, but I work slow. Even if they have 6 guys working on it and it takes them 10 hours, that's still 60 manhours you have to pay out.

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 7 Dec 2008 , 7:04pm
post #16 of 30

I love Britney and the cake looks good, it matches her new CD which is called Circus, although I don't care for the flame thingies at the bottom. icon_smile.gif I'm so glad she has a new CD out!

quilting2011 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
quilting2011 Posted 7 Dec 2008 , 7:37pm
post #17 of 30

Met Buddy. He has talent. Take a class from him if you can.

mixinvixen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mixinvixen Posted 7 Dec 2008 , 7:46pm
post #18 of 30

i like the cake...it's well executed

BUT...

only if it was for a kid's birthday. in my opinion, this in no way, shape, or form says "britney" or the feel of her cd. she's all about shock value, risque and suggestive lyrics, dancing with heat, passion, sexual innuendos...the colors of this cake, and especially the letters spelling out "circus" screams child-like to me.

to me the most important thing about being able to put a shingle outside your door saying you do cakes is the ability TO KNOW YOUR CLIENT AND DESIGN APPROPRIATELY. i would have done this cake with reds, blacks, and whites, with alot of romantic/sexua/theatrical darkness to it...

weirkd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weirkd Posted 7 Dec 2008 , 8:01pm
post #19 of 30

I agree with mininvixen. Its a well executed cake but dont think that it relates to Britney in any shape or form. Looks like a kids birthday cake or something. I like his work, dont get me wrong, but from what I see on the Challenges, he has a hard time reading what his clients/judges want and has an attitude that its right in his mind and he isnt going to change it!
Should of been more daring of a cake, silouettes,glitter, glam. My opinion!

mamacc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamacc Posted 8 Dec 2008 , 1:57am
post #20 of 30

Yeah...it's nice and all, but still a pretty basic design....not exactly pushing the envelope or anything. 60 hours?? It wouldn't even take me 60 hours to do that cake by myself!

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 8 Dec 2008 , 7:27am
post #21 of 30

Ohhh red, black and white sounds good. even pink and black since pink is her favorite color. I don't think they "customized" the cake to fit her though, maybe just the fact that her CD is entitled Circus and the colors seemed "fun and kid-like"? hehe.

stephaniescakenj Posted 8 Dec 2008 , 2:34pm
post #22 of 30

Oh Yea! that cake would have been awesome if it were pink black and white. It looks like it was made for one of her sons instead though. I think they chose those colors based on her new album, i just looked up the album art and those are the colors.

tx_cupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tx_cupcake Posted 8 Dec 2008 , 2:46pm
post #23 of 30

The colors on the cake match the colors on her album cover:
http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b66707_britneys_circus_cover_track_list_come.html

I think it's a great looking cake! Plus, I just love Brit and I can't wait to see her when she comes to Big D!

GI Posted 8 Dec 2008 , 4:19pm
post #24 of 30

Thought about going but it was going to cost a fortune (tickets, hotel, GAS, etc.) so decided against.

(I luv her, VanHalen too...)

chutzpah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chutzpah Posted 8 Dec 2008 , 4:28pm
post #25 of 30

The decorator was most likely given specific directions on color and design. I mean, how many of us get free reign, always? The cake is very well executed.

I don't thinnk I would pay anything to learn how to crumb coat, cover a cake, pipe a little, and make roses. I mean, I can do all that already. If it was something more extreme or fun, then yes, I would be more than glad to pony up.

Lulu4464 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lulu4464 Posted 8 Dec 2008 , 5:10pm
post #26 of 30

This is stunning icon_surprised.gif I love it... thumbs_up.gif

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 8 Dec 2008 , 7:28pm
post #27 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by txcupcake

Plus, I just love Brit and I can't wait to see her when she comes to Big D!

I love her too! I wish she'd have a show here. I'd definitely go. I've been a fan since Baby one more time. icon_smile.gif

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 8 Dec 2008 , 7:46pm
post #28 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinygoose

Quote:
Originally Posted by summernoelle

That would take me 60 hours, but I work slow. Even if they have 6 guys working on it and it takes them 10 hours, that's still 60 manhours you have to pay out.

Yeah, I'm kind of a fast worker. I would think the longest part would be the baking process. At least 6-7 hours there. (Usually takes me about 1 hour/tier) But even after that, the designs on it are pretty basic, it seems extreme. But that's just me! icon_biggrin.gif Who knows, it could take me just as long to do it! icon_lol.gif

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 8 Dec 2008 , 7:49pm
post #29 of 30

I think that cake is pretty neat! I've enjoyed many of Buddy's creations on the cake challenges, and he has quite a personality! Very talented. I agree that the cake doesn't scream Britney, but it does scream Circus, which is the whole point. Those are sort of traditional circus colors, and with that being her new album, I'm certain that's the direction they were heading for. I think it's nicely done and definitely captures a circus feeling.

GI Posted 9 Dec 2008 , 12:47am
post #30 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupcakeshoppe

Quote:
Originally Posted by txcupcake

Plus, I just love Brit and I can't wait to see her when she comes to Big D!

I love her too! I wish she'd have a show here. I'd definitely go. I've been a fan since Baby one more time. icon_smile.gif

icon_biggrin.gif Glad to see more Brit fans! I absolutely adore "Womanizer" heh heh!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%