Suggestions For Cake Flavours?

Decorating By thegrrrl Updated 21 Jan 2009 , 12:22am by kakeladi

thegrrrl Posted 5 Dec 2008 , 8:26pm
post #1 of 10

I've just been given the dream cake request... they want a two tiered chocolate cake, with each tier a different flavour of cake and filling. Then she wants it covered in expensive cigarellos and chocolates. I've been told cost is no issue.

So, help me!! I've never done anything other than basic chocolate cake with a pudding layer. What is your most elegant flavour and filling of chocolate cakes that you like?

9 replies
DsLady614 Posted 5 Dec 2008 , 8:49pm
post #2 of 10

I did a WASC variation chocolate cake with blackberry mousse filling that I thought was really good. I think any rich chocolate, with a lighter filling would be a nice touch.

cakedivamommy Posted 5 Dec 2008 , 9:39pm
post #3 of 10

My favorite is the WASC chocolate cake with raspberry mousse filling. YUMMY!

kakeladi Posted 6 Dec 2008 , 1:43am
post #4 of 10

Butter pecan w/spiced apple fill
lemon cake w/raspberry fill
Looks like you already have choco overload so I'd stay away from choco cake
Oh, oh the Dreamcycle cake in the Cake Mix Dr book. Oooohhh so yummmmyicon_smile.gif

sweetkisscakes Posted 20 Jan 2009 , 5:18am
post #5 of 10

ooo that sounds good...

do you have the recipe for the butter pecan cake with spiced apple filling?

cakesmade4u Posted 20 Jan 2009 , 10:32pm
post #6 of 10

Hi if you need cake flavors there was a awsome thread that was posted with a huge list.. go to search and type in gourmet flavors and the topic is " help need gourmet flavors" you must see icon_surprised.gificon_eek.gif very yummy!!!!!

dandelion56602 Posted 20 Jan 2009 , 10:48pm
post #8 of 10

I like the Hershey's cake made w/ their Dark Chocolate Cocoa. I bet blackberry mousse is yummy. I usually do raspberry mousse. Cherry filling is good w/ chocolate too.

Raspberry or strawberry is good w/ a yellow or white cake.

Cream Cheese w/ Pumpkin, Red Velvet or Carrot cake

Ganache or chocolate mousse w/ Strawberry cake.

kakeladi Posted 21 Jan 2009 , 12:22am
post #10 of 10

For BP cake I use Betty Crocker BP mixicon_smile.gif
OR if you can't find that use a vanilla (I like Fr Van) and add 1/3 cup ground pecans along w/a teaspoon BP extract.

For the spiced apples I use a can of pie filling apples, smash them up a bit and add apple pie spice (which is cinnamon, nutmeg & allspice).

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%