Just Got An Order For A "happy Birthday Jesus" Cak

Decorating By BakeLoveMom Updated 9 Dec 2008 , 8:40am by Idreamofcakes

BakeLoveMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakeLoveMom Posted 5 Dec 2008 , 7:28pm
post #1 of 10

I am just sorta stumped the wording I guess. This is a free cake requested by my son's 4 year old preschool teachers. They know I make cakes and have seen my book, they automatically signed me up to bring this cake to the x-mas party and said they hoped I didn't mind. They are so excited and very nice, I don't want to let them down. But I am wondering if they mean a nativity scene or what. I think I could pretty much do what I want as long as I stay withing the Happy Birthday Jesus theme, I guess I would just like some other takes on this. It is for about 17 kids and 5 grown ups. Thanks for all your help.

Sarah

9 replies
BakeLoveMom Posted 5 Dec 2008 , 8:48pm
post #2 of 10

sorry, I don't know where the e went on cake,...BUMP

stephaniescakenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephaniescakenj Posted 5 Dec 2008 , 9:27pm
post #3 of 10

I've seen a couple cakes like this. i would just make a christmas-y cake and where you would normally write "Merry Christmas" or "Happy Holidays", you would write Happy Birthday instead. Something along the lines of stained glass with the gel colors would be nice too.

emrldsky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emrldsky Posted 5 Dec 2008 , 9:38pm
post #4 of 10

You could even do a cross cake, since it IS religious and no generic Christmas.

Either way, good luck!! icon_biggrin.gif

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 5 Dec 2008 , 9:43pm
post #5 of 10

http://www.pcucc-dodgeville.org/html/Happy_Birthday_Jesus.jpg

http://image28.webshots.com/28/2/3/98/233520398TIhoXQ_fs.jpg

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/130/334216777_675d57497c.jpg?v=0

here's a few I found by googling it!

You could go with a Christmas looking cake and write "Happy Birthday Jesus" on it or even go with a Birthday looking cake......I've seen people go both ways with it!

Bethkay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bethkay Posted 5 Dec 2008 , 9:44pm
post #6 of 10

How funny! I just received the same request yesterday, and my cake will be a freebie as well. A gal who purchased a gift certificate for one of my cakes at a silent auction called me and gave me all the latitude I want on the cake, so long as it says "Happy Birthday Jesus" and has red and green on it somewhere!

I also am a little bit stumped, and have been searching around the site for ideas. I am considering something with either a gift theme or a cake designed like a gift with the birthday message on a fondant gift tag. The gift certificate was for a 1/4 sheet cake, so that is the only limitation I have.

I am open to ideas from anyone. icon_smile.gif

BakeLoveMom Posted 5 Dec 2008 , 10:00pm
post #7 of 10

Wow, thanks everyone, those are some good ideas. I guess I was just thrown off by what exactly they wanted and they were so excited that I was bringing them a cake, I just hope I don't let them down. I love the look of the stained glass with the gel...I have the big tub of gel, does it need flavoring???
Or maybe covering in fondant and painting it and using luster dusts. Or maybe add fondant cutouts...I guess I am all over the place. I would love to impress the adults because I have a feeling it could lead to other orders, ...but I want the kids to love it too. Also, I have free range with the flavors and fillings, I guess I have to narrow that down too. Thanks for all your help.

Sarah

diane706 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane706 Posted 5 Dec 2008 , 10:38pm
post #8 of 10

I did a cake for my son's class with each of the kids faces and their names above each face. I first quizzed my son as to what each child looked like (basic stuff like hair, eyes, skin color) and also looked at a current class picture we had. The kids LOVED finding their pictures and name. You wouldn't believe how they flocked around the cake. I couldn't even get near it to put candles in it (it was for the kids that had summer b-days). Anyway, you could do that and write "Happy birthday Jesus from Mrs. _____ class" and put some christmasy decorations on it. Have fun!! Post your pick so we can see your creation.

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 9 Dec 2008 , 12:51am
post #9 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethkay

I am considering something with either a gift theme or a cake designed like a gift with the birthday message on a fondant gift tag.

I have to do two "Happy Birthday Jesus" cakes and this is the route I'm going.

BTW-Bethkay, you can always do a 1/4 sheet cake to look like a package. Gifts in shirt boxes are flat and rectangular, right?

Idreamofcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Idreamofcakes Posted 9 Dec 2008 , 8:40am
post #10 of 10

How about doing the open book cake pan and on one page a nativity scene and the other page the "Happy Birthday Jesus" across the top and maybe the bible verse Luke 2:11 that tells story of His birth. (You can either write it out or just referance it)

Teri

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%