It Is Can Go Wrong...it Happened To Me This Week!

Decorating By dolcebaci Updated 7 Dec 2008 , 5:18am by sayhellojana

dolcebaci Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dolcebaci Posted 5 Dec 2008 , 6:15pm
post #1 of 11

Well it is know Friday morning and I have to say TGIF...and the week is over!
What a week!..It started off good...even for a Monday...I had three weddig cakes to and two birthday cakes to get out from Friday - Saturday.
So I started my prep work on Monday night...icing..coloured my fondant..and made my gum paste roses..etc.
Tuesday night...finish my roses...WOW they look nice (gave myself a little pat on the back)
Wed--time to start backing all my cakes (and I am a scratch baker)...I start baking around 6 pm and clean up around 11 pm. Flip out all my cakes and what do I discover!!!!!!! My oven element (bottom) burned out! So here I was with a bunch of raw cakes...(yes I did test them..and the toothpick came out clean) icon_sad.gif
Now lucky me...I have two ovens..but the back up oven is too small to cook more then one cake at a time...so at 6 AM thursday monring I put in my last cake to bake. Jumped into the shower cause now I have to get ready for my "real job"...half dead I arrive at the office.
I get home last night and time to decorate...once again up until 5 AM today to finish them all off icon_eek.gif ...are we there yet?

So tonight...I am treating myself to the SPA...and a big box of chocolates....oh yeah...I forgot...I have to may cake pops! icon_cry.gif

Have a great weekend everyone...I am going to gry and get to sleep!

10 replies
karateka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karateka Posted 5 Dec 2008 , 6:28pm
post #2 of 11

I gotta say, you've earned it! I don't know how you managed that marathon! My hat is off to you.

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 6 Dec 2008 , 4:13am
post #3 of 11

icon_surprised.gif I need to sleep just after reading that. You have to be tired.

Trixyinaz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Trixyinaz Posted 6 Dec 2008 , 4:42am
post #4 of 11

Good grief...and you work too? How on earth did you do that all?

inspireddecorator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
inspireddecorator Posted 6 Dec 2008 , 4:52am
post #5 of 11

OMG! I have a real job as well 5 days a week. So I feel your pain. But 3 wedding cakes and a few others. Oh my!! I have pumped out 3 at the most, but if I have a wedding cake, that's all I do.

Wow, hats off to you for getting all this done. You will need that spa and a week of sleep too.

tinygoose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tinygoose Posted 6 Dec 2008 , 4:21pm
post #6 of 11

Oh my gosh. I am tired for you. That is alot of cakes. Get some well deserved rest.

cakedivamommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedivamommy Posted 6 Dec 2008 , 5:48pm
post #7 of 11

WOW, I am surprised you even had one minute to get some sleep while taking all of that on. I hope that you had a wonderful night at the spa, you totally deserve it!

DebBTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DebBTX Posted 7 Dec 2008 , 3:10am
post #8 of 11

You must be a very high energy person! icon_eek.gif
Congratulations on a week well done.

-Debbie B. icon_biggrin.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 7 Dec 2008 , 4:41am
post #9 of 11

Ouch! My jaw hurts from hitting the floor as I read of your escapades!! When you relax at that spa, take my best friend, Robert Mondavi, with you! thumbs_up.gif You've earned it!

sassycleo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sassycleo Posted 7 Dec 2008 , 5:04am
post #10 of 11

Ok so I know your exhausted but I'm jealous...lol I've been benched from caking since the beginning of Nov. I blew out my knee and had to have surgery. so the first week I was ok, well this is nice. I work full time and can't even do that so yeah I got a break. But now I had a complication and am now benched til at least New Years Eve. I have one wedding cake this next weekend and I'm really looking forward to sitting on my butt but being able to get it done (luckily I've got an awesome boyfriend who is going to help) but shoot I want to work on cakes!!!!!

Enjoy your spa visit and take it easy for a day or so...lol

sayhellojana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sayhellojana Posted 7 Dec 2008 , 5:18am
post #11 of 11

My gosh, be proud. I had three cakes this week, and i dont even sell them, and I was stressed. Your a cake Wonder Woman.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%