Help!!! Fbct Problems

Decorating By colabear71 Updated 5 Dec 2008 , 6:17pm by colabear71

colabear71 Posted 5 Dec 2008 , 5:51pm
post #1 of 4

Today I am working on a birthday cake for tomorrow. I am attempting my first ever fbct. I tried a "test" one last night and it didn't turn out so well. Any advice??? My outline went ok, but when I started filling in the outline, the outline would move around and mess up the lines. Do I need to make the outlines larger? I used a tip #1 for the outline with medium buttercream. Do I need to use thin or medium bc for filling?

Anyone, please give me some suggestions? I am attaching the picture that I am attempting and would love any help I can get.

Thanks,
Kim
LL

3 replies
cupcakemkr Posted 5 Dec 2008 , 6:12pm
post #2 of 4

do the outline then freeze it for about 5 -10 minutes and tehn work on your next color - then freeze for 5-10 again and so on until you are done.

Good luck!

ambernd Posted 5 Dec 2008 , 6:14pm
post #3 of 4

Maybe try doing your outline and then freezing it for awhile. If you touch it, it will move so you just have to try not to touch it too much. I always think these are so hard! I have never had one come out perfect. Sometime I do just the outline transfer it to the cake and then fill it in after it is on the cake, because most of the time alot of it will stick and not transfer and I have to redo it on the cake anyways. Good luck I'm sure you can get it to work they are just real tricky and take lots of practice I think!

colabear71 Posted 5 Dec 2008 , 6:17pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks for the advice. I did exactly what you said on my test run. I did the outline and froze it for about 10 minutes before attempting to fill it. And it still didn't work. If I accidently touched the outline, a lot of times, the piece of outline would pick up off the wax paper completely.

Also, would you recommend doing the spokes of the tires as part of the outline, or just putting them on once the transfer is already on the cake?

Thanks again,
Kim

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%