Cellophane Bags For Cookies?

Baking By EyeRishGrl Updated 6 Dec 2008 , 11:50am by TracyLH

EyeRishGrl Posted 5 Dec 2008 , 5:35pm
post #1 of 4

Background: my parents participate in cookie exchanges in their offices. I always make the cookies. They want each person to get a variety of cookies in one tupperware container.

Since I am making several varieties of cookies, I want to separate them in the tupperware container into cellophane bags. I'll need 84 bags.

I'm assuming I can just use the ones labeled "candy bags"? Will they be big enough to hold 4 average-sized drop cookies?

~ Coleen

3 replies
UltimateCakes Posted 5 Dec 2008 , 5:41pm
post #2 of 4

GeminiRJ Posted 5 Dec 2008 , 6:59pm
post #3 of 4

Have you tried using plain old ziplocks? I know that last year the Dollar Store had some really cute ones for Valentines Day that had hearts printed on them. Maybe they carry some with Christmas designs, too.

I'm not sure how big the "candy bags" are. The treat bags that I use would probably only hold two, possibly three, decent size cookies. Too much crowding and I would worry about breakage.

TracyLH Posted 6 Dec 2008 , 11:50am
post #4 of 4

Do you have a cake store nearby? I find a wide selection at mine. I prefer the cello much more over the plastic, but that is just me. I have used the plastic treat bags from Michael's a few times when I was out of my larger cello and those worked just fine. As for figuring out size, I just lay my cookie up next to it and if I put more one in a bag and they are decorated with RI, I put a piece of parchment paper in between. Obviously, you wouldn't need to do that will drop cookies - it is just to protect the decorated ones.

Quote by @%username% on %date%