Dr Pepper In Keyboard

Lounge By yellobutterfly Updated 5 Dec 2008 , 10:17pm by -Tubbs

yellobutterfly Posted 5 Dec 2008 , 3:47pm
post #1 of 4

how do i get it out? yesterday my 1 yr old knocked over a glass next to the keyboard, i wiped it and dried it but now my keys are sticking - how can i clean it so it's back to normal?

3 replies
emrldsky Posted 5 Dec 2008 , 3:50pm
post #2 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellobutterfly

how do i get it out? yesterday my 1 yr old knocked over a glass next to the keyboard, i wiped it and dried it but now my keys are sticking - how can i clean it so it's back to normal?

Most keyboards have keys that can pop out of the board. What you can do is unplug the keyboard, pop out all the keys, lay them out in the order they need to go back in, and then wash out the keyboard with a damp cloth. Wait until it is COMPLETELY dry, replace the keys, and give it a go.

I'm the queen of "OMG! I spilled something in my keyboard!" and have done this successfully.

However, if any keys are NOT working properly, they still might not work after you clean up the board.

JodieF Posted 5 Dec 2008 , 9:55pm
post #3 of 4

Provided this isn't a laptop keyboard, you can soak it in the bathtub. Just make sure it's totally absolutely dry before you plug it in again! thumbs_up.gif
But, new keyboards are the least expensive things you can replace on a computer.

-Tubbs Posted 5 Dec 2008 , 10:17pm
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by JodieF

But, new keyboards are the least expensive things you can replace on a computer.

Yes, you can buy a new plug-in keyboard for next-to-nothing. Much better than tipping the glass into the CPU!

My kids are allowed to eat near the computer, but not drink!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%